Flowmaster Single Chamber Race muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Anybody out there have this muffler on their 6.2 or 5.4????

Would like feedback on it just curious what type of sound it produces on a raptor

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a Raptor, but I switched back and fourth between a single chamber race and the original super 40 flowmaster on my big block bronco several years ago. From memory (this was 6-7 years ago) the single had less character then the 40. The single chamber had a lot of drown and was mostly just loud like open headers. In the upper RPM range it didn't sound bad but I had to be turning 5000+ rpm. The 40 had way more signature flowmaster rasp. I ended up giving the single chamber to a friend. Didn't notice any power difference between the two.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up. My neighbor runs a single chamber on his truggy, sounds ok. Its loud at idle, which could be from short pipes and no cats, but I didn't like how it sounded for a daily driver.

OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

Reaction score
Appreciate the info fellas

OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

Reaction score
I'm just having the wors luck finding the sound I want with mufflers.. Since I live in ca no headers allowed and I've gone threw three mufflers already and still not pleased...

Any input would be awesome

My favorite so far was taking off the bolt on stock and running nothing lol

Thing sounded like a ******* monster for the day I had it off

That is what I'd like to have but not worth risking loss of back pressure/power and possible problems down the road

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I'm just having the wors luck finding the sound I want with mufflers.. Since I live in ca no headers allowed and I've gone threw three mufflers already and still not pleased...

Any input would be awesome

My favorite so far was taking off the bolt on stock and running nothing lol

That is what I'd like to have but not worth risking loss of back pressure/power and possible problems down the road

Have you looked at the vids on this page?
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/6-2-exhaust-shoot-out-1607/

I like my magnapack so much I'm getting her a twin sister soon. From what Pirate said on another post - not much to worry about with the backpressure - the cats take all the heat.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up. My neighbor runs a single chamber on his truggy, sounds ok. Its loud at idle, which could be from short pipes and no cats, but I didn't like how it sounded for a daily driver.
Maybe I ready that wrong, but are you saying your neighbor had a truggy for a DD?

road

Have you looked into a Spintech muffler?
SpinTech Performance Street and Race Mufflers - SpinTech Performance Mufflers
With a Pro Street 9000 you truck will sound like a Trohy Truck!
Super Pro Street Muffler - Mufflers - Street Mufflers - Super Pro Street 9000 Series - SpinTech Performance Mufflers
You can run headers for 6 years in CA without smog, so I wouldn't worry about that being a problem

OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

Reaction score
Hmmm spin tech looks tempting but the 10 series is sounding dirrrrrrrty

Exactly what I want too

Appreciate the input fellas