First Oil Change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be doing it wrong... I could not feed the Mightyvac tube all that far down the dipstick tube, and was only able to pull a couple of quarts like that. I fiddled with it for probably 10 minutes or so, and just couldn't get it to go any further.

How much was left over when you pulled the plug?
I have a longer suction tube than what comes with the the vac. I also do have to fiddle with it just a bit to get it all the way to the bottom.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much was left over when you pulled the plug?
I have a longer suction tube than what comes with the the vac. I also do have to fiddle with it just a bit to get it all the way to the bottom.

I'll bet there was a good 3.5-4 quarts. I'm thinking of cutting the end of the tube at an angle so that rotating it (inside the dipstick tube) can maybe get it around whatever obstacle is getting in the way.

I'm only about half way through this oil change interval, so I have some time to figure it out...

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a late model 17, changed at 1000 miles. Oil filter and plug removed by hand without an issue.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually buy a case of oil filters at a time for my vehicles and change them myself. Since I just ordered a new Gen2 this week and don't have the owner's manual I wanted to make sure I get the right ones. I know they are not the same as the Gen1's. I read that the Motorcraft FL 500s is correct. Right?? Thanks for any info.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually buy a case of oil filters at a time for my vehicles and change them myself. Since I just ordered a new Gen2 this week and don't have the owner's manual I wanted to make sure I get the right ones. I know they are not the same as the Gen1's. I read that the Motorcraft FL 500s is correct. Right?? Thanks for any info.

Correct. Fl-500s