First Oil Change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who carries a Glock daily, that is the dumbest comparison I've ever heard.

As someone who carries one daily and owns 7, please explain how that is the dumbest comparison ever?

Either you misunderstood my meaning or you think your weapon is junk.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

The housing on the glock is polymer but the parts that matter are steel.

Maybe I have living under a rock, but what is the reason for moving to a plastic plug? Serious question.

And as such, all the parts that matter on the raptor are metal.

Have you tried using the all polymer lowers for AR platforms? They work flawlessly. And yes I have tested them by beating them as much as possible (other than of course doing things that would destroy any other lower)

Anyway, befire we go down a rabbit hole, my point was this: plastic doesn't equate to junk.

Last edited:

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who carries one daily and owns 7, please explain how that is the dumbest comparison ever?

Either you misunderstood my meaning or you think your weapon is junk.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

And as such, all the parts that matter on the raptor are metal.

Have you tried using the all polymer lowers for AR platforms? They work flawlessly. And yes I have tested them by beating them as much as possible (other than of course doing things that would destroy any other lower)

Anyway, befire we go down a rabbit hole, my point was this: plastic doesn't equate to junk.

I'll put my Glock up against anything else on the market. Just because the Glock is extremely reliable, lasts for years and will eat pretty much any ammo you want to feed it doesn't mean a plastic drain plug is the best route and that it's the end all. I'm not even going to have this conversation with someone who is comparing a polymer framed firearm to a plastic drain plug. Nobody said plastic was junk FYI.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll put my Glock up against anything else on the market. Just because the Glock is extremely reliable, lasts for years and will eat pretty much any ammo you want to feed it doesn't mean a plastic drain plug is the best route and that it's the end all. I'm not even going to have this conversation with someone who is comparing a polymer framed firearm to a plastic drain plug. Nobody said plastic was junk FYI.

Sigh. Arguing with semantics. You are right, this is a worthless argument. Flame on!

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as they keep the dipstick then a plastic drain plug is fine by me. May not be a bad idea to change the plug out every 3-4 changes just to keep the plastic from getting fatigued due to heat, etc...

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we skip the messy part and just suck the oil out through the dipstick via an evacuator?

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. My mightyvac works flawlessly for this and usually gets all but about a cup or so of oil.

I must be doing it wrong... I could not feed the Mightyvac tube all that far down the dipstick tube, and was only able to pull a couple of quarts like that. I fiddled with it for probably 10 minutes or so, and just couldn't get it to go any further.