Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

First day of Spring Truck wash...

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Todd Turbo S, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Jake226

Jake226 Member

That is sharp! The struggle to get/keep the brake dust off these tires is real. How’s the shine holding up now that you’re ~2 weeks in?

2. Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S Full Access Member

Hi, I agree. Shine is holding up great, really no brake dust or any type of debris on the tires. Nothing really sticks to them. In fact, they are clean/dry to the touch.
    I did have to touch up one tire after rubbing up against a curb, only took a minute to do. Highly recommend this product.

3. JohnyPython

JohnyPython Full Access Member

Went out to give the truck a wash. Pressure washed some other items beforehand and all of a sudden pressure washer is kaput.

Wasted time trying to get it running again but still nothing.

I guess I’m getting out the hose today haha

4. Troutrad

Troutrad Full Access Member

Wow...if you’re going to do all that work, consider doing a 2 or 3 coat ceramic at the end. Will last a few years opposed to a poly wax. Really very little work after the clay bar...just a wipe down with dilute isopropyl (or Eraser by CarPro), then apply one of the high end consumer ceramics (I used Avalon King Armor Shield IX). Super easy and super slick and durable. I did 2 coats, 3 on front, hood and mirror housings).

5. IDontDoUrban

IDontDoUrban Full Access Member

Outstanding advice! Thank you.

Troutrad likes this.
  6. Troutrad

Troutrad Full Access Member

This is about a month after Ceramic coating (Avalon King product). Washed in town and driven out to house which is 7-8 miles beyond pavement on a gravel road. So far, holding up well. Check out reflection on the hood. Base appearance of all our vehicles in winter and spring is “moderately dirty”...no getting around it where we live.

6F853F6A-E6B4-4AB4-9567-CE08F3565A8C.jpeg 169C512B-967C-4688-A1C9-11D288B492B4.jpeg