First Truck / Raptor, and some pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! Similar situation to me, traded an STI on my first truck, the Raptor. You're going to want to keep those parts, pic R6 is for towing connections.
Thank you, and congratulations to you as well. I'll definitely hold on to these parts, will ask the dealer what the other two are when I'm in for service next.

OP
OP
T

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your truck. Nice improvement over the Subie. (Been there, done that too, hahaha) Regarding securing items in the bed. That's always an issue with a truck. I've found that installing a rubber bed mat like you can buy at Tractor Supply helps to keep things from sliding around all the time and protects the bed floor from possible dents. Make sure to install the bedlock hooks that came with it. They're really nice. I use rubber bungee cords to secure things to the bedlocks. If you get them, believe me, you'll really appreciate having the adjustable bungees with the holes in them. You can snuggly secure you load by making the bungees the correct length. Here's an example below. I need to order some replacements myself.
Anyway, good luck my friend.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have a spray-in bedliner, so probably could try the bungees without the bed mat I'd imagine.

RippRaptor

Reaction score
Go to Harbor Freights and get you1 or 2 of the ratchet bars that you can use to subdivide your bed with as these seem to work great for me.

quadmaster922

Reaction score
Forgive me for taking so long to share - the truck was delivered April 11th, but some travel and a generally busy time at work kept me away from the forum until now.

I'd like to start with thanking all forum members, in particular my brothers @oswiff @Shane361 @BellHeli407 and most of all, @Chiefgiant for the leads on MSRP deals. I was willing to travel halfway across the country for the right deal but ended up finding one 30 mins from me.

This is my first truck, I'm coming from a Subaru Outback (yup...) and a Subaru Legacy before that so you can imagine how blown my mind is driving a Raptor. Took a couple of days getting used to the Body-on-Frame feel but I don't think I could ever go back to cars/SUVs again unless it was a summer convertible/sports car or something.

Went back and forth between the Retrax and Bak Revolver, but then decided to go with the Retrax. This might be a rookie question, but any suggestions on how to keep cargo (mostly luggage) from moving around in the bed? Cargo Nets / Tie-Down Straps / Bungee Cords / anything else?

Lastly, I found some parts in the storage compartment underneath the center armrest. One of them says something about Tailgate removal, does anyone know what these (pics below) are and if I should be saving them?

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.

God Bless 'Murica
Congratulation’s on your Raptor, I use a load bar with a cargo net for groceries

Last edited: