First Batch of Ford Raptor Super Crew Cabs In!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
As of Friday, we now have SCrew cabs at our dealership. All of them are custom orders, and as such are the first 14 that are coming in so far. One is on hold in our showroom if any local interest would like to see it in person before the owner comes to collect it. 1 Silver loaded SCrew cab is due in this week that is available for sale, but the owner of Team Ford will be using it as his personal demo for the time being.

The truck in looks and appearance are amazing and the new Gauge cluster is great!!! Love the info screen brought over from the Super Duty! It just belongs in this truck!

My only issue is that for the weight difference between the Super Cab and the SCrew cab is very noticeable. The truck has more role than I'd like it to have and the weight shows in how sluggish it moves, comparitively of course. Would I own one!? HELL YES!!! The auto-start, new gauges, 6.2L badge, and overall look is enough for me to say yes!!! But would I get it compared to the Super Cab for Off-Road use.. I dare say no. Just from what I have toyed with on street roads, I would say the deminsions of the truck and suspension have taken a toll on it's performance more than I had originally thought. As a racer, I'm critical of these little things. But from the average buyer's stand-point, hardly noticeable. Especially if you never drove the Super Cab. No doubt about it though, This is the best 4 door truck that you can buy off the lot!!

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I'm kind of shocked to hear this. Per the technical specifications: http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2011_Raptor_Specs.pdf, the SuperCab weighs 6,006lb, the SuperCrew 6,200. That's a 3% weight difference, about the weight difference one would see with a full-vs-empty 26 gallon fuel tank in a SuperCab, or the weight of one more person. If they're quoting dry weights, the SuperCrew can be up to 260lb heavier than a SuperCab when compared wet.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
hard to imagine 10" longer and 250 lbs heavier could make that much difference?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every driver has their own opinion, but it's no secret that wheelbase is a big performance factor offroad. Once the SCrews become readily available I'm gonna go test drive one and may get a chance to romp it a bit since a friend of mine owns a Ford dealership... I'm anxious to see if I feel as much of a difference as Aaron is describing.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i can see what he's saying. it's probably not so much the weight as it is the length. it's a small difference on paper but the short wheel base of the supercab has to prove more nimble and responsive than a long wheel base truck. the screw will have a larger turning radius, peroid.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bet that wieght and width makes a good bit of difference. We got a 2011 (non Raptor) crew cab in at work with the 5.0. The new I/C display is pretty cool. I'm jealous, which I didn't think I'd care for the new display. 5.0 didn't run too bad either.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Yeah I bet that wieght and width makes a good bit of difference. We got a 2011 (non Raptor) crew cab in at work with the 5.0. The new I/C display is pretty cool. I'm jealous, which I didn't think I'd care for the new display. 5.0 didn't run too bad either.

just wait till 2012 when we can make the 2011 guys jealous :naughty:

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
i can see what he's saying. it's probably not so much the weight as it is the length. it's a small difference on paper but the short wheel base of the supercab has to prove more nimble and responsive than a long wheel base truck. the screw will have a larger turning radius, peroid.

IMO, the slight loss in nimbleness is a small price to pay for the extra room, practicality, towing capacity, and ride quality.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
IMO, the slight loss in nimbleness is a small price to pay for the extra room, practicality, towing capacity, and ride quality.

i would never buy a SCREW for the looks alone, but i see what you're saying.