Finally ordered..for some one who never had a truck, what would you all suggest that I learn (as I wait)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
You get used to it quickly, but I'd avoid busy drive-thrus for the first month until you're confident with the dimensions. Also, take a buddy with you the first time you offroad.
Get in the habit of pulling the mirrors in every time you go through a drive through or park it. Truck is 6 inches wider than a regular F-150 which doesn’t seem like much until you drive it. Outside mirrors do stick out.

Reaction score
This ^^^^

@birdieman could not have outlined it more accurately than this. I parked in a lot catching a train into NYC yesterday, and while I always park far away to avoid issues, the spots were so small I could barely fit. You are almost better off backing into every spot using the camera. Going in front first is impossible to get inside some of these lines at these tiny lots
If your existing vehicle has front and back cameras, start using them, especially the front ones. Habit.

Reaction score
Finally, talk to the Dealer and get the VIN as soon as possible and before the truck is delivered. Use it to register for the free Ford Raptor Driving School in Utah.

School is well worth the time an effort especially for someone that isn’t an experienced off-roader.

School fills up quickly and VIN is needed to register.

OP
OP
M

magnushouston

Reaction score
Not truck exclusive, but for sure get it paint corrected and ceramic coated from the factory. There will be blemishes from the production line and the coating will keep the black as perfect as possible for as long as possible. Black is a pain to maintain…
Thank you. Did not know they do that at factory. Trying to see a live AMB but was unable to

hpschrank

Reaction score
Make sure you're garage is ready - assuming that's where you'll be parking. Trucks require more space - beyond what's need for the truck itself. Tires, wheels, cleaning products, place to hide shipping boxes....perhaps a place to sleep. Whole new lifestyle.

hpschrank

Reaction score
Lol!! Yes, be sure and have a place to hide those shipping boxes and prepare a place to sleep…

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're driving in snow, keep some weight in the bed if possible.
This is really not an issue on-road in a full size pickup, they already weigh a ton, its not an 80's Ranger. If you have an issue just turn on 4A. There is probably only 1 day a year that I would think about turning on 4wd because of snow.