Finally ordered..for some one who never had a truck, what would you all suggest that I learn (as I wait)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not truck exclusive, but for sure get it paint corrected and ceramic coated from the factory. There will be blemishes from the production line and the coating will keep the black as perfect as possible for as long as possible. Black is a pain to maintain…
Learn how to properly wash your vehicles, especially with Black. The comment above is all true. (You may need a ladder!) I use compressed air to blow out the grill and applique areas, and bought an de-ionizer because there can be so much standing water after a wash.

Thank you. Did not know they do that at factory. Trying to see a live AMB but was unable to
Like ApacheAg mentioned, they don't do this at the factory, but some dealers do. Generally stay away from the dealers. Find a good local shop. Also ask about Xpel to protect the paint, I added it on the entire front end, fender flares, mirrors, A-pillar, door handles and lower foot of each panel. If you find the right installer they will wrap it around all edges and it will never be seen. I even added Xpel on the exposed paint at the end of the bed to keep items from scratching it while loading/unloading. I opted for the bedliner vs sprayed in. Personal preference.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I meant what I said. Camera is helpful too, but I wouldn't go offroading alone the first time.
Not disagreeing with you at all.

with all respect, your post seemed a good jumping off point for humour.

:)

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Patience. Trucks are slow to accelerate and slow in the corners. But when you get off road that all changes. Hopefully you're planning to use her for her intended purpose rather than just looking good at the mall...

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prepare for the small **** jokes and then whip it out and prove them right (jk)

True story. There I was minding my own business as usual in this bar. it was a long time ago. in some asian country far, far away and I think I'm doing pretty well with this mama-san. yes I am 100% confident she was a she. that's a story for another time.

anyway, we're getting to it, and she looks down, laughs and says, "who do you expect to satisfy with that little thing?"

I look at her and say... "me..."

----
Thank you. Thank you. You're all lovely. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

savela

Reaction score
Suggestion if you don’t wash it yourself—find someone that hand washes. Don’t risk a car wash.
So I managed to find a carwash that uses a belt to pull cars/trucks along without the rails. Like a conveyer belt. I gave up on hand washing. My truck still looks awesome (I do automatic wash weekly). I did Miyabi coat it when new (4 years ago). Agree that most standard carwashes won't accommodate a Raptor.