FINALLY got a TRUE, removable towing solution..(see pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming that, like us, you’ll have some gear you take along to set up camp. If that’s the case then you have that 450lbs (4-wheeler + pop-up tongue weight) plus what’s in the bed. That adds up quickly if you have stuff like tools, a gas can, generator, grille, chair, table, etc). Make a list of that stuff and estimate the weight of each item. You’ll be surprised how quick it adds up. My gues is that you’ll find you have an extra 200-300 lbs of gear.
Good news is that the airshock setup is probably overkill for your setup. BUT, I’d definitely get the deaver +3’s. That will really help.
As for the brakes, I just checked the specs of your trailer and it shows you have electric drum brakes. You should be just fine. I have the stock brakes and although they’re not the best, with the brake controller set with the right amount of gain, the trailer will handle the braking of the trailer and the truck will brake as it always does (more or less).
So again, Deaver +3’s and you’ll be happy. They also make the ride of the truck a lot smoother than stock so you really can’t go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah always too much gear I will definitely keep track I'm very particular about these things thanks and I'll keep you guys posted.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming that, like us, you’ll have some gear you take along to set up camp. If that’s the case then you have that 450lbs (4-wheeler + pop-up tongue weight) plus what’s in the bed. That adds up quickly if you have stuff like tools, a gas can, generator, grille, chair, table, etc). Make a list of that stuff and estimate the weight of each item. You’ll be surprised how quick it adds up. My gues is that you’ll find you have an extra 200-300 lbs of gear.
Good news is that the airshock setup is probably overkill for your setup. BUT, I’d definitely get the deaver +3’s. That will really help.
As for the brakes, I just checked the specs of your trailer and it shows you have electric drum brakes. You should be just fine. I have the stock brakes and although they’re not the best, with the brake controller set with the right amount of gain, the trailer will handle the braking of the trailer and the truck will brake as it always does (more or less).
So again, Deaver +3’s and you’ll be happy. They also make the ride of the truck a lot smoother than stock so you really can’t go wrong.

I have to do some reading on this deaver deal any fab work or straight up bolt on ?

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to do some reading on this deaver deal any fab work or straight up bolt on ?

Just bolt on. They are replacements for your stock leaf springs. Look like this:

114e4db3b5419092c0923e41a09f56d3.jpg

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bolt on. They are replacements for your stock leaf springs. Look like this:

114e4db3b5419092c0923e41a09f56d3.jpg

That's easy enough thanks ! How much ?

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be +/- $1,300

Lol the spending never ends ! When I sell my other rig I'll definitely buy a set. Thanks again for the help !!

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol the spending never ends ! When I sell my other rig I'll definitely buy a set. Thanks again for the help !!

Yeah seriously man. There’s a lot of stuff I wouldn’t bother with. I’ve toyed with the idea of tuning and stuff like that but for us, because we do travel with the truck and trailer so much (usually 2 weeks a month or for up to a month at a time sometimes), this is a must have for us.
It’s: a) just not safe to tow with the the back squatted down so much and b) would cause a lot of damage to the stock suspension if left like that for too long.

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score

By the way, do you have an idea how much weight was in the bed when you’re traveling?

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, do you have an idea how much weight was in the bed when you’re traveling?

No not really because my truck is set up for towing so much weight. I am going to put a cap on the truck too so that's probably 200 lbs alone so if I had to guess probably another 200 in gear and emergency stuff. That's my other rig I guess if I can't get what I want for it I'll just keep towing with it.249c6792bf889060f0d127bda338cea3.jpg

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah seriously man. There’s a lot of stuff I wouldn’t bother with. I’ve toyed with the idea of tuning and stuff like that but for us, because we do travel with the truck and trailer so much (usually 2 weeks a month or for up to a month at a time sometimes), this is a must have for us.
It’s: a) just not safe to tow with the the back squatted down so much and b) would cause a lot of damage to the stock suspension if left like that for too long.

It's going to be a while before I can even think about that kind of stuff. Yeah the front will push instead of steer I wonder if those adjustable hitches work ?