FINALLY got a TRUE, removable towing solution..(see pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, do you have an idea how much weight was in the bed when you’re traveling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally got a pic it was lousy weather yesterday I definitely need to get a adjustable receiver hitch the one I have one there is for my other truck but it gives me a idea of the setup.a84c71d11cb0c788c0e264b78975624f.jpgdfab0c64c3a7ddc9266be17f04eb40a8.jpg9eca0ef21969a1bb7280ace28e876244.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a pic it was lousy weather yesterday I definitely need to get a adjustable receiver hitch the one I have one there is for my other truck but it gives me a idea of the setup.a84c71d11cb0c788c0e264b78975624f.jpgdfab0c64c3a7ddc9266be17f04eb40a8.jpg9eca0ef21969a1bb7280ace28e876244.jpg

Yeah man, you’ll definitely need some help back there. You can see it’s already starting to sag even without the ATV. It adds up quick. Even without the gear in the bed, you have:

450 lbs ATV
80 lbs for the two propane tanks
40 lbs for the battery
150 lbs (bare trailer tongue weight maybe??)
————
720 lbs

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a pic it was lousy weather yesterday I definitely need to get a adjustable receiver hitch the one I have one there is for my other truck but it gives me a idea of the setup.

Oh yeah and I would mess with the hitch until you finalize whatever you’re doing with the truck suspension and know where it will sit (height-wise) with everything on there.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah and I would mess with the hitch until you finalize whatever you’re doing with the truck suspension and know where it will sit (height-wise) with everything on there.

Been doing some research I'm thinking about that Anderson anti sway weight distribution set up looks pretty good ?

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing some research I'm thinking about that Anderson anti sway weight distribution set up looks pretty good ?

I have the blue-ox setup and love it. Only other one I can claim to have experience with is the Equalizer brand hitch. HATED it.

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you trying to reach Izzy, you can reach him at 818-645-8941. It used to be him and a partner, but he ventured off on his own. He was the brains of all that anyway so doesn’t change anything really. And actually, his new shop is much nicer than the old one.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the blue-ox setup and love it. Only other one I can claim to have experience with is the Equalizer brand hitch. HATED it.

Yes I saw the blue ox I will keep reading and looking for a bit I still have my other rig so not in a huge rush which is nice not having to make a snap decision!
Thanks !

ClifW

Reaction score
For those of you trying to reach Izzy, you can reach him at 818-645-8941. It used to be him and a partner, but he ventured off on his own. He was the brains of all that anyway so doesn’t change anything really. And actually, his new shop is much nicer than the old one.

Thank you Gus

Shadrack

Reaction score
I haven't went through the full 18 pages, but can this setup be purchased?
I've been searching and searching at the options that people have done on this forum.
I'm trying to decide on which route to go for my 2018. I only tow a couple times of year and it's fairly light at that. (bass/pontoon boat or a 4,800lb mini-excavator on a car trailer would be the heaviest). I'm looking at adding air bags to help stiffen the ride when I tow (not over the weight limits), since they are the cheapest route. I've looking into deavers as well, but there is so many options I'm not sure which is the best route to go long term. I don't like the feeling of a bouncing truck for a few hundred feet after hitting a bump in the road with even a light load.