Finalized Build - The Start - GH Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know is the truck is fast lol. Like surprisingly fast. The Catless downpipes I worked out a local fix with my builder

Do you mean your builder found a way around a CEL? If so can you explain as I am so confused about which down pipes will and won’t throw a code but really want catless DPs.

Thanks
Alex

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean your builder found a way around a CEL? If so can you explain as I am so confused about which down pipes will and won’t throw a code but really want catless DPs.

Thanks
Alex

Just something I’m not gonna share to put him in harms way.

Catted downpipes don’t usually throw a code if it does u can simply use O2 extenders then u have no issues. SPD sells them too.

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to be doing some modifications to my exhaust soon. I will be using Twister mufflers and Magnaflow mufflers with 3 inch piping......probably do this In the next few weeks. I will get videos of the exhaust.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just something I’m not gonna share to put him in harms way.

Catted downpipes don’t usually throw a code if it does u can simply use O2 extenders then u have no issues. SPD sells them too.

Yea that’s the issue. Who wants catted downpipes on a turbo truck. ;-)

You can always use the PM function if you are uncomfortable sharing your builder’s methods to the world but helping fellow enthusiast out with a known issue would be greatly appreciated for those who wish to use unrestricted DPs.

Bests
Alex

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that’s the issue. Who wants catted downpipes on a turbo truck. ;-)

You can always use the PM function if you are uncomfortable sharing your builder’s methods to the world but helping fellow enthusiast out with a known issue would be greatly appreciated for those who wish to use unrestricted DPs.

Bests
Alex

Its not something that can be done local, so it makes no difference. Sorry.

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of drama so far about a very basic "build"

Drama? lmao. You don't even own a Gen 2 Why are you in here? lol......keep the ******** away and slapping a supercharger on a v8 isn't a build buddy..... when you do a build on anything over 1000WHP come talk to me and maybe I can help you out.....

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with high flow cats is that, unless tuned out or O2s otherwise modified, they always eventually throw a low cat efficiency code. *This is across a few NA cars, not turbo cars.