Final resolution on "Low Oil Pressure" fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

208 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2011 SCrew Rap, took it out make sure everything works. Found a really steep hill to climb and it faulted on Low Oil Psi....

I have seen many people chime in on this and state they too have had it happen.

Has anyone found out the root cause of why a off road capable truck cant creep up a hill and creates a dangerous situation by shutting off??

Whats the fix?

Thanks

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me while on a night drive at the Oregon dunes. Up and over many dunes until I got stuck on a short really steep one. I got backed down, put it in drive and noticed the low oil pressure was on. I turned off the engine right away, jumped out while on level ground and pulled the dip stick. Full. Got back in started it up and no more warning. I've never had that problem again. Not sure exactly what caused it but it scared the crap out of me!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well ******* it. The title of this thread made me think that you figured it out...

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had it happen on flat ground in my driveway. But the engine died at the same time. It was first start after a CPU reprogram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless someone makes a dry sump oil system for our trucks, we'll always have this problem. You could overfill the engines oil. That might help keep the oil pressure sensor happy but you might run into another problem by air-rating the oil which is also bad. In a nut shell, we're all focked.

OP
OP
208 Raptor

208 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of all of us being "focked" how bout a site sponsor make a baffle/resi oil pan to fix the problem. Seems like they would sell.