Low Oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Checked the connections up to the main harness and did not find any loose, unplugged or broken connections. Checked the wiring and didnt see any broken wires.
Hard to tell from the photo, but was there oil contamination in the connector to the oil pump? If so the connector may have failed, which can cause the same symptom.

OP
OP
raptor405

raptor405

Reaction score
You sure thats the oil pressure sensor? What Ive been reading the oil pressure sensor is behind the alternator. This looks more like the rpm sensor.

OP
OP
raptor405

raptor405

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the photo, but was there oil contamination in the connector to the oil pump? If so the connector may have failed, which can cause the same symptom.
Didnt see any oil in the plug. Is the oil pump electric?

OP
OP
raptor405

raptor405

Reaction score
Just got the truck back from the dealership. Tech notes read there were two wires shorted together. Not sure I would've found that so as much as I complain about it I wouldn't have found it as quick as they did. Gonna drive it for the next couple days to make sure it holds together but thanks to everyone who offered guidance on here!