Fender (bumper) bender. $7500 fix it or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Dealers are dirtbags. I have a question though, don't you think that a clear Carfax has some value? I mean, if there were two equal trucks at different dealerships and one had a damage history and one did not, which would you purchase? But, if the one that had the damage history was $1500 less...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Agreed. Dealers are dirtbags. I have a question though, don't you think that a clear Carfax has some value? I mean, if there were two equal trucks at different dealerships and one had a damage history and one did not, which would you purchase? But, if the one that had the damage history was $1500 less...

well, If you decide to file the insurance claim, make sure that you also request a diminished value payment as well.

Most buyers will prefer a clean sheet.

and while EVERY buyer will use the "dirty sheet" to negotiate a better price, not a lot of them would let a minor cosmetic damage line item deter them from buying the vehicle that they want.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you're not into the Raptor so either pay the deductible and then fix it and sell it. Or trade in as is and lose more $$$

Attackpilot

Reaction score
It’s easy to fix yourself. I replaced my bumper. Bought a take off from eBay for under 250.00

OP
OP
A

adventure

Reaction score
Hi all, update follows: I ended up trading it in as-is on a Powerstroke Tremor that I found on a dealer lot. Didn't take much of a hit on the trade. Received a $6500 insurance check. Other than I'm sure my insurance rates will take a hit, I still feel like it was the right play financially. The dealer listed my Raptor, unfixed, a week or two later. Makes me mad. Someone's going to end up with a fogged headlight. Was a stark wakeup to look hard at any vehicle I purchase used in the future, that's for sure. I pulled my swarfworks front plate holder, access roll up cover, and bedrug full carpet. All for sale but don't have enough posts on here to list them in classifieds. If anyone is interested let me know.

I enjoyed the Raptor while I had it, and who knows might be back. Regardless I've always enjoyed surfing through this forum and expect to be back every week or two to keep up especially when the next gen product changes start up again. Cheers, JL