False overheating engine - Not sure what to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting this cautionary tale. I’ll be near the pass-thru harnesses again when new lights come in.

Nick Masturzo

Reaction score
Success!

After re-connecting the battery, I used the Forscan software to clear the engine coolant error code. All is wokring fine!

Thank you!
I did this same thing still no success after 10 plus minutes off the battery...did you re remove those 2 pcm connections when you re did the 10 mins off battery ...freaking rough as hell and throwing the same overheating ⚠️

Nick Masturzo

Reaction score
I did this same thing still no success after 10 plus minutes off the battery...did you re remove those 2 pcm connections when you re did the 10 mins off battery ...freaking rough as hell and throwing the same overheating ⚠️
Sounds like i need the OBD link mx and Forescan

smurfslayer

Reaction score
and just like that... this thread is reanimated...

200.gif

edit: :)

you probably have DTC stored. Read them, note them try clearing and then battery reset. good luck.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 443268

you probably have DTC stored. Read them, note them try clearing and then battery reset. good luck.
better than a new thread. a cheap scanner will probably do, unless you want to do the forscan thing, and change up a bunch of stuff

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 443268

Well, in his defense, had he not revived this thread Nex would have hit him up with “Have you tried using the search function? It’s in the top right. There’s at least one obscure thread covering this.” Clearly, he has been well trained.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I knew I should have thrown in a smiley...
Not throwing shade on you @Nick Masturzo, just being facetious.