FAIL!!! Sync Gen2 V3.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the upgrade, got the Lincoln screen, then did the update with the code fix to get the Raptor splash screen back. This all worked as planned, the only issue I'm seeing is when I unlock the car and get in I don't get the Raptor Splash screen anymore, it just lights up with a white glow and then fades to black. I use to get the Raptor Splash screen here as well. When I put the key in or when I take the key out I get the Raptor Splash like I always did though.

Any ideas what happened? Or is anyone else seeing this as well?

Mine is doing the same thing! I never had a white screen before. As I type this on a PC I hate Microsoft more and more.

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 that I purchased in July of 2014 have not done any upgrades whatsoever and the white screen is "normal" That's the way mine has started off and continues to be. Again...I have not done any upgrades for Sync...

OneBadTruck

Reaction score
The white screen comes from the
Raptor_DM8_Open_Anim.mp4 file in the
\EA5T-14F496-MA\data\Custom folder.
I tried to the recreate the EA5T-14F496-MA.zip file
after unzipping it and deleting the Raptor_DM8_Open_Anim.mp4 file,
which is a white splash video, and copying the Raptor_DM8_Wel_Anim.mp4 file to Raptor_DM8_Open_Anim.mp4. Then make the EA5T-14F496-MA.zip
file with the new Open Anim file.....not the white splash screen.
All seemed well until I tried to update my Raptor with the new
zip. It failed. My trick did not work. Maybe there is some
Microsoft developer that can package the files that the update
process likes. Maybe WinZip is doing something to the files.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Hey can you get your kid to repackage the ZIP file
with \EA5T-14F496-MA\data\Custom\Raptor_DM8_Wel_Anim.mp4
copied to \EA5T-14F496-MA\data\Custom\Raptor_DM8_Open_Anim.mp4

This should fix the white screen when the door is opened.

Thanks.

andy7818

Reaction score
It Works

Made the mistake of calling support today after I had this issue - not helpful to say the least. Very glad I found this thread.

+1

Magnum

Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from Ford. I asked my kid to dig into it. He found the Ford patch that fixed the similar splash screen problem in 3.7 The patch is identical NorhternILRaptor's fix. My kid edited the patch so that it would work on 3.8 and uploaded to Dropbox. Click on the link below to download-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tudpw21egyq6yr8/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip?dl=1

You don't need a Dropbox account to download. Click the x if a Dropbox log in screen pops up and you don't have an account.

Again, this is the official Ford Patch for 3.7. The only change my kid made was was one line that referenced the software version. We popped the USB with the edited patch into my truck and as mentioned before it literally took 2 seconds to update. Lincoln logo is gone. Raptor logo is back.

Instructions:

This only works if you have already updated to version 3.8

Download the file from the link above.

Unzip contents to blank USB (formatted to FAT32)

Plug in to Raptor

Files will auto install and prompt when finished.

Worked like a charm. Thank You! I was sick of having to look at that Lincoln logo every time I started my truck.

sdt532000

Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from Ford. I asked my kid to dig into it. He found the Ford patch that fixed the similar splash screen problem in 3.7 The patch is identical NorhternILRaptor's fix. My kid edited the patch so that it would work on 3.8 and uploaded to Dropbox. Click on the link below to download-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tudpw21egyq6yr8/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip?dl=1

You don't need a Dropbox account to download. Click the x if a Dropbox log in screen pops up and you don't have an account.

Again, this is the official Ford Patch for 3.7. The only change my kid made was was one line that referenced the software version. We popped the USB with the edited patch into my truck and as mentioned before it literally took 2 seconds to update. Lincoln logo is gone. Raptor logo is back.

Instructions:

This only works if you have already updated to version 3.8

Download the file from the link above.

Unzip contents to blank USB (formatted to FAT32)

Plug in to Raptor

Files will auto install and prompt when finished.

hi Guys
after complete my 2015 f150 update to the 3.8 i ve lost 4 heated and cooled seat icons from screen.is there anyway to take those 4 seats icons back to the my mft screen?thx

Attachments

• mft3.jpg
    mft3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 132
  • after update.jpg
    after update.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 191