Factory Navigation does not diaplay current road on main map screen...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I don't notice any changes with the update.

The map stuff might be a part of the Sirius Travel Link subscription? When I got my keys, the salesman asked me to activate the Sync at his terminal, and said that would comp Travel Link for three years.

Recently I called Sirius for a mailing address for the Satellite Radio subscription and the person indicated my Travel Link was gtg for three years. Maybe the black bar map feature is part of a TL renewal?

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not. It has nothing to do with TravelLink or anything like that. That's just the weather, movies, sports, etc. Not the Navigation itself.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey swoop have you talked to anyone at ford maybe they can diagnosis it ???Do you think it could be a hardware problem with the nav unit?? Good luck man hope this gets sorted out for you soon!!!!

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah, I don't have an appointment at Ford or anything as of yet. Everything works, it just doesn't tell me what road I am on. I'd rather not take it in and have them **** something else up, lol.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swoop did you try nav preferances ? Map preferences ?
I believe I was affecting what you are looking for as I messed with some of choices over the 1000 mile drive I just got done with. The scaling on the map might impact it as well
I will try and check today.

Last edited:

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swoop just go to nav preferences and it is a choice under map preferences . It is right at the top , street name, time to dest, speed limit , breadcrumbs .

This should do it.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Swoop just go to nav preferences and it is a choice under map preferences . It is right at the top , street name, time to dest, speed limit , breadcrumbs .

This should do it.

No shit? I'm gonna run out there right now and look. I was all up in the settings a few days ago and was positive I had everything on there.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No shit? I'm gonna run out there right now and look. I was all up in the settings a few days ago and was positive I had everything on there.

Dude! I can't believe that I went in there and it wasn't selected! I'm so pissed! But, I'm very thankful that you had me go back in there and look before I went to the damn dealer and wasted 4 hours for them to come out and tell me they couldn't fix it. lol.

Thank you! :peace: