SYNC 4 SCREEN OCCASIONALLY DOES NOT TURN ON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The screen on my 2021 37 periodically does not turn on with the ignition, or sometimes it takes a few minutes to come on. Thus far when it does not turn on, I turn the vehicle off and restart it, and that seems to work. Any opinions?

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLD DOWN 6 AND SKIP FORWARD TO RESET IT ON THE FLY

OR MAYBE ITS POWER AND SKIP FORWARD, I CANT REMEMBER AND IM NOWHERE NEAR MY TRUCK

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Master reset and check for available updates.
It should update automatically, correct? I had problems with a SYNC 3, updated it with Ford thumb drive after a master reset, and it crashed. It was at the dealer for three weeks….I’m a bit Gun shy

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine does this sometimes but only because it’s as hot as the surface of the sun so I just ignore it as long as it eventually comes up.

Easyrider470

Reaction score
mine is in the shop with both screens completly OFF. will not boot, they are saying there are 3 modules bad that aren't letting them boot.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me this morning. Turning the truck off and back on didn’t work. Drove a few minutes down the road to the gas station to fill up ($111.00 ), when I started the truck, everything was working just fine. Was running errands w/ the wife, and had no issues the rest of the day with multiple store stops.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably have LineX on yours :)
LineX on the hood, I would do it all over again!! I have a 2019 with hood and doors with Line X. Tons of positive comments on both….not that I care. Nothing wrong with not following the herd!