Factory alarm going off randomly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the horn going off in the middle of the day or night on its own. My has been doing it almost every day once sometimes twice for the last week.. I have no idea what could be causing this. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer but they can't get me in till next week, I was hoping it was something simple that I could fix so I don't have to hear it till then.. :emotions122:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first thing that comes to mind is the ford door pin issue from the past. are your cargo lights or interior lights on when this happens?

OP
OP
rojo212

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the lights go off after a few seconds when the door is closed. They go off right away whenn I lock it with the fob.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I haven't noticed if they go on while its happening. Ill be sure to check when it happens again..

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the horn going off in the middle of the day or night on its own...

Wow, that sounds frustrating, rojo212. What's your truck's model year/mileage? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

OP
OP
rojo212

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a 2012. 24k miles. Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I found a thread on the ecoboost forum talking about the hood pin going out of adjustment. Im going to make sure its getting good contact when I get home.