Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

No doubt there is equity in the warranty, just not full value at time of sale. They are like pools in your yard. They are really just for you, resale not so much. You wont get your the full value out it, unless you use it. I hope everyone who buys a warranty gets to use it. The odds are just not in your favor.

I said a little. I know you won't get the full back. I would think it adds at least a third and makes it somewhat more desirable against a like raptor with no ESP.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed 100%. Think how much money we spend on insurance of every variety in hopes we never use it! Really kind of sucks. But you gotta have all of it.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

rdfts

Fore sure. I think 1/3 is quite accurate. More importantly it gives someone buying a used car some piece of mind that if the engine falls out a week after purchase they are protected. It is actually a real benefit in that situation.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna estimate that a lot of people here drive there trucks hard off road (except zboater and his street queen). Those of us that do have stuff break, my 2c is that if you fall into the offroad category then especially is worth the investment.

Personally I have had the following covered under esp:

* moon/sun roof slide assemble normally a several thousand dollar repair bill
* steering wheel due to bad wear on the leather 350 plus labor normally
* up fitter switch module due to failed detent
* drivers door switch module 150 part plus labor
* transmission bulk head connector was handled under power train not esp

I'm sure I will need at least one new power steering pump before the end of my esp and probably some iwes.

I think in well on the way to being in the black on my esp as are Yukon and ironman.

Now is it for everyone? No but it's my recommendation that you buy yourself a little piece of mind.

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3 iwe's

4 ps pumps and fluid

2 front fox shocks replaced

1 rear glass assembly-offered

Rear end cover and fluid replaced and sealed

Tranny front pump seal removed and reinstalled and fresh fluid

All covered with 49k /3 yrs left
They wouldnt cover leaking headlight and rear bumper cover.<36k..bumper to bumper coverage?? Go figure

I will try to make up for the street queens non use
Pretty happy with my Esp and all work performed at a non SVT dealer. Dont need an expert for loosening bolts and swapping parts.
Disclaimer: this info is not to be used other than entertainment purposes only. Some details may be inaccurate. Thanks and have a nice day:)