Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just picked up my 2012 Raptor...Everything I expected and more...Contemplating the need for the extended warranty...Wondering if it's worth getting...If so do I go with the Ford one or the one offered through Route 66...Any insight would be appreciated.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting the Ford extended Warranty, if the NAV went out it would pay for itself and more. I wouldn't get a third party warranty.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely plan on getting the Ford plan and figure that one major thing goes wrong and it pays for itself.

I'm on the fence with the service plan however.. still researching that so if anyone has input on that I'd be glad to hear that as well as the warranty.

~BGM

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
So just picked up my 2012 Raptor...Everything I expected and more...Contemplating the need for the extended warranty...Wondering if it's worth getting...If so do I go with the Ford one or the one offered through Route 66...Any insight would be appreciated.

I went for it. Get it before you hit 12,000 miles or 1 year or the price goes up a few hundred bucks. Randy got me mine for $1280 without the rent car. $100 deductable. Zero Deductable would have cost another $400 I think. Its a trade off. I have other stuff to drive so I didn't need the rent car.

As others have said, if the nav goes its paid for. I am sure as with most warrante's that its only as good as your dealer. So find a good one. They make money off warranty, just not as much.

If your gonna keep the truck I say do it. If your gonna beat and abuse te truck, getting some stuff paid for is probably iffy. I had 3 window regulators go out in my 2004 FX4. At $400 each to fix the warranty would have just about paid for itself. Although other than those 3 window motors my 04 was rock solid through 95K in the 7 years I had it but it didn't have 1/2 the electrical goodies.

BDRAG

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not get it because I never keep a vehicle more than two years. But if you are someone that will drive the wheels off of a car, then it's a good idea.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I haven't used it yet...tried to with the shocks but they aren't covered.

So explain a little more on the no coverage on the shocks. I saw a video where mr. Raptor SVT designer said the shocks are good for 100,0000 miles?
They should be good through 50K right? They have been on some of my other rides like a Acura Legand Coupe I had in the 90's.

BDRAG