Exhausted But Committed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor52

Reaction score
Am I the only one out here that is on the dealerships side in all this. These dealerships get a handful of special models per decade. If you want a special model, it comes with a special price. The car won’t depreciate and has a wow factor that will never go away. Dealerships sell to people that are willing to pay ADM’s and don’t have to hear the complaining from people that can’t afford the payments… the dealer I got mine from will be calling me when the next gen 350’s and/or 500 come out. Why? I’ll pay an adm and I pay cash. Big margin and no hair on the deal. How can you fault them for that??
I get this to a certain extent. However - my dealer experience has left me pissed at my salesman/dealer who I've worked with since 1999. Been talking about a V8 Raptor since 2019 to him in some form or fashion. The day the order banks open up I make my order. He calls back about two hours later and tells me they only got 1 allocation - ok thats me right, been telling you for years that this is coming and I wanted to be first. Well, he says, my partner is taking that order. I about came unglued...told him exactly what I thought.

So the truck gets delivered, exactly the way I ordered, in late December. Mid-January I get a call that "partner" decides he wants to sell this truck for 175K!!! Now I was really pissed. Told me it was just business....Ok Ive been loyal since 1999 and got plenty of car buying years left in me and tastes only going up so I will remember that next time I am looking...

Spartylamb

Reaction score
I was afraid of that too. I didn’t know the price until the truck was delivered. He told me 10k over sticker, I to that point never expected to take delivery of the truck. I fully expected a 30k or 40k ADM. If that were the case, I wouldn’t have taken the truck…out of principal. I wouldn’t have been angry, can’t blame them….they only got 1. I’m sorry that happened to you, hopefully you can hunt down a good deal in the future. I have a feeling there will be a lot of vehicles for sale in 2024 that people couldn't make their payments on.

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
So, I had two developments come out of all of this. A dealer I made a relationship with has slotted me in for an MSRP Raptor R that they expect to receive an allocation for (they have 0 customer builds). This was a guy who reached out to me who helped me with my original Raptor purchase in '18 and recalled me talking up a storm about a SC V8 variant in the rumor mill.

My 10 over MSRP dealer said they may get one more allocation this year which would move me from '24 delivery to '23.

Both of these are obviously maybes, but it is nice seeing priority code 10 on my raptor order!

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get this to a certain extent. However - my dealer experience has left me pissed at my salesman/dealer who I've worked with since 1999. Been talking about a V8 Raptor since 2019 to him in some form or fashion. The day the order banks open up I make my order. He calls back about two hours later and tells me they only got 1 allocation - ok thats me right, been telling you for years that this is coming and I wanted to be first. Well, he says, my partner is taking that order. I about came unglued...told him exactly what I thought.

So the truck gets delivered, exactly the way I ordered, in late December. Mid-January I get a call that "partner" decides he wants to sell this truck for 175K!!! Now I was really pissed. Told me it was just business....Ok Ive been loyal since 1999 and got plenty of car buying years left in me and tastes only going up so I will remember that next time I am looking...

So you believe you are more important to him than his partner?

Gotta say loyal can really only go so far.

Sam