exhaust tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry I believe you! You usually speak the truth if not always from what I've seen. Do you mind getting a few more pics at different angles? I wanna see a couple with the whole truck in the pic and some close ups from the rear or side.

What? Homework on a holiday weekend? You wound me sir! :shocked:

Oh, okay. Just a minute, damn it.

UPDATE: Well, it's going to take more than a minute. I can't find the camera and will have to wait until my wife comes home. It's not where it belongs - you know, in the kitchen cabinet next to the pressure cooker.

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What? Homework on a holiday weekend? You wound me sir! :shocked:

Oh, okay. Just a minute, damn it.

UPDATE: Well, it's going to take more than a minute. I can't find the camera and will have to wait until my wife comes home. It's not where it belongs - you know, in the kitchen cabinet next to the pressure cooker.

Haha. All good. Going to the lake soon. Sorry to make you do some work!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait. Wait, wait, wait. You assign me with technical photographic homework on a holiday weekend, and then you go to the lake?

No fair. Take me with you!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry! Boat capacity is only 8 ppl. We're full hahaha. It's only a ski boat

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, Humvee, here's your photo.

Whtrapta, a pet emu? Is he housebroken?

Attachments

• HPIM0181.jpg
    HPIM0181.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 186
OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ruger said:
Powdercoat is heat sensitive and exhaust systems get hot. I'm surprised they didn't advise you of this.

If you like the blacked-out look the solution is no further than your auto parts store. I took the factory exhaust tips off my Raptor, gave them two coats of high-temperature primer, two coats of high-temperature flat black, and cured them in the oven per the instructions on the rattle cans. More than a year later and with 17,000 miles on the truck, the finish is holding up wonderfully. See photo.

The stuff they put on is high temp powder coat. They have never done it on single wall exhaust tips before only double wall. So it's being fixed at no cost. They have 2 colors that they have perfected for extreme high temps like exhaust pipes and headers. I tried, it failed, oh well.

Dave.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tips look good! I spent a fair amount of energy on my exhaust - finally went with duals with tips mostly tucked behind rear bumper. Really really tried to make that work b/c liked the way it looked... until I came back from Texas Run dragging the left one behind me! Now I'm just gonna dump it. No more problem! Function over form (maybe a cut-out/switch to make me smile again!!) Just something to think about if you ever take your ride on a run.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Looks good, I did this the week I got my truck but I couldn't keep them clean. Show some pics of your rear nfab light cage too. I have always been curious about how that would look on the truck.