exhaust tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good Ruger. I'll be generous enough to give you a B now
;)

Still deciding if I wanna paint the tips black since u can see the nonpainted part when behind the truck

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good Ruger. I'll be generous enough to give you a B now
;)

Still deciding if I wanna paint the tips black since u can see the nonpainted part when behind the truck

Whew. I just can't live with anything less than a "B".

Those photos were taken while sitting on the ground, Humvee. Most of the time people won't do that to look at your truck. :-D

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumper sticker:

"PLEASE DO NOT SIT ON THE GROUND TO LOOK AT THIS TRUCK.
It is appropriate to remain standing out of respect."

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whtrapta, I like a lot of steel back there. Been rear-ended too many times to not appreciate a lot of mass in the rear armor.

A case in point: I bought a 1986 1/2 Nissan D21 Hardbody truck new, and bought it without the extra cost option of a rear bumper. I made my own out of 1/4" wall 4" by 4" box section steel tubing. The tubing was laid into a full-width piece of 1/4" wall angle steel, and the brackets that bolted directly to the frame were 5/16" steel plate. It was all welded togther solid, and the whole assembly weighed 113 pounds. It paid for itself one day when I was rear-ended by a guy in brand new black BMW sedan. He left the front grill, air dam, headlight rings, and other pieces of his front end on the street. The damage to his car was considerable. I just needed another can of black Rustoleum to repair the scratches on my home-made bumper. This experience led me to the following mantra:

"When in doubt, make the other guy's car bend."

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want ether double walled or rolled tips can't believe you spend 3k on exhaust and they come with the same as factory tips.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whew. I just can't live with anything less than a "B".

Those photos were taken while sitting on the ground, Humvee. Most of the time people won't do that to look at your truck. :-D

You lied to me!! Just today a group of guys came over to check out my truck. 2 out of 3 of them were on the ground checking out what was going on underneath. I had to get outta there ASAP... too much of a sausagefest

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
Here is mine with high temp gloss black. I figure I will have to re-paint off and on until I find a nice black coated exhaust.

IMAGE_7A827EDD-59A5-47F1-B96E-711EF39AFBDA.jpg