exhaust tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My custom powder coated exhaust tips. Sorry the server turns it sideways. I had these custom made at Prostect Muffler in Fort Lauderdale. They high temp painted the exhaust pipes behind the tips gloss black. I have to say they are beautiful. The powder coating is a metallic charcoal very similar to the stock rims.

ForumRunner_20120427_193036.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120427_193539.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120427_193539.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 180
OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I tried but the powder coating did not hold up. They warned me it might not but they wanted to try this new color. The muffler shop is going to cut a big section of the pipes off near the rear and send them in to be done over in a high heat proven powder coat color, maybe black?? Not sure till I get there. The metallic grey now looks yellowish brown Uuggg!

I'll post new photos when it's all done.

Dave.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Powdercoat is heat sensitive and exhaust systems get hot. I'm surprised they didn't advise you of this.

If you like the blacked-out look the solution is no further than your auto parts store. I took the factory exhaust tips off my Raptor, gave them two coats of high-temperature primer, two coats of high-temperature flat black, and cured them in the oven per the instructions on the rattle cans. More than a year later and with 17,000 miles on the truck, the finish is holding up wonderfully. See photo.

Attachments

• Tail Pipes.jpg
    Tail Pipes.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 125

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ruger do yours get "stained" a muddy brown or anything if you leave mud on there and its gets baked on?

No sir. I've had no such problems and am completely satisfied. I'd do the same to the whole doggone exhaust system if I had a big enough oven!

Do you really wrangle ostriches? Who usually wins???

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Powdercoat is heat sensitive and exhaust systems get hot. I'm surprised they didn't advise you of this.

If you like the blacked-out look the solution is no further than your auto parts store. I took the factory exhaust tips off my Raptor, gave them two coats of high-temperature primer, two coats of high-temperature flat black, and cured them in the oven per the instructions on the rattle cans. More than a year later and with 17,000 miles on the truck, the finish is holding up wonderfully. See photo.

That's really cool but they look more grey than black. Is there more of a black color or is that the only option?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're black. That's a lighting/camera/photo effect. Honest.

Don't worry I believe you! You usually speak the truth if not always from what I've seen. Do you mind getting a few more pics at different angles? I wanna see a couple with the whole truck in the pic and some close ups from the rear or side.