Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my Gen 3 and having the same issue in addition to some sensor issues, wireless charging pad not working, and a few other quirks here and there.

Glad to hear that getting the dealer to replace the valves will fix it. What did you tell them @1roadking? Did they have to replace the whole exhaust or just the valve portion?

God the truck is amazing but not going to lie, i expected this from a covid car. At least i got ford protect so i dont have to worry about a damn thing!

rma

Reaction score
I had this in my Gen2, it was the heat shield.

Now I am having the same issue only on cold start in my Gen3, it goes away once the temperature goes up. It is very annoying.

leonardo

Reaction score
tengo un 2021 raptor y tambien ,me hacia el mismo problema , recien hoy lo saque del dealer y le cambiaron el muffler completo con las valvulas de variacion de sonido y problema arreglado , ahora no sabria decirte por cuanto tiempo

msharpe08

Reaction score
I had the same rattle noise as well. My rattle was all the time and not just at cold start. Give it just a little bit of throttle and it would go away, but as soon as you let off the throttle the rattle would come back. My dealer ordered a new muffler (Part # ML3Z5230GF) and it took almost a month for the part to arrive. Had it installed today and the rattle noise is gone. While it was in the shop I had the Sagging Heat Shield recall taken care of and there were also two additional recalls that they corrected. Both appear to be software updates. Recall 22S17 - Reprogram Integrated Trailer Relay Module and Recall 22S15 - Powertrain Control Module Software Update.