Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rezttu

Reaction score
Mine has gotten worse over time and it’s pretty awful to the point that’s all I hear. Under throttle it’s just a loud rattle. It’s embarrassing.

I have 33k miles on my gen3. I imagine it’ll get worse for you guys as you put more miles

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crazy thats its gotten worse. mine is only present when I remote start or put in normal mode, sport is less and Baja is even less noticeable. When I manually start it starts in quiet mode and I don't hear it then. well at least its very very faint. after its warmed up I don't hear it at all. I am at 15k. hope it doesn't get worse before the actual fix is a for sure thing

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford truly does not care about anything besides selling the vehicles as fast as they can. Unlike Toyota, their reputation doesn't rely on quality, and therefore they don't care
My 2022 Tundra was a rolling factory fault. Tons of problems, not unique to Ford unfortunately. Quality of all new vehicles has declined.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford truly does not care about anything besides selling the vehicles as fast as they can. Unlike Toyota, their reputation doesn't rely on quality, and therefore they don't care
Tell us more about how brainwashed and ignorant you are.

And not only that, let us know when toyota comes out with a real exhaust system with variable modes while they’re still using drum brakes from a century ago.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell us more about how brainwashed and ignorant you are.

And not only that, let us know when toyota comes out with a real exhaust system with variable modes while they’re still using drum brakes from a century ago.
Hilarious. Article from a year ago that was sorted within 2 weeks. Meanwhile on my raptor the headlight flickers, exhaust rattles, stereo cracks and pops... and Ford has done nothing about it. Maybe you're the brainwashed one? Ford was supposed to come out with a fix for the embarrassing exhaust rattle 3 months ago.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Hilarious. Article from a year ago that was sorted within 2 weeks. Meanwhile on my raptor the headlight flickers, exhaust rattles, stereo cracks and pops... and Ford has done nothing about it. Maybe you're the brainwashed one? Ford was supposed to come out with a fix for the embarrassing exhaust rattle 3 months ago.
I'm so confused. If you hate your Raptor's QC so much and think Toyota's is better, why do you have a Raptor? You can sell it for top dollar, get your Toyota, and join the circle jerk on the Tundra forum. It's a win for you and a win for us.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should try actually owning a new Tundra, I did. Truck had more problems in one week than I've had with 5 years of Ford's (Not a Ford fanboy, they work), so I actually speak from real world experience. And my Raptor isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than my $76K 2022 Tundra was.

LedFootRaptor

Reaction score
Ok so I don’t want to give any false hope here, so take what I’m about to share for what it’s worth….

I dropped my Raptor off at the service dept yesterday for the 10k service along with some issues that need to be addressed. One of the items was the exhaust rattle on cold start. I printed out the service bulletin, showed the advisor, and let him know that I understand there is no fix available yet but want it to be on-record so that when the fix becomes available I can get it done.

A few hours later he called me to give an update and told me that he has the part on order to fix the exhaust rattle. I was surprised and figured he just ordered a new muffler (which we know is only a temp fix at best) but he said no, that he ordered an updated valve.

I don’t have the truck back yet, most likely will tomorrow. And again, no idea if this is the actual fix for the dreaded rattle or just an attempted bandaid. I will update you all once Im able to talk with the advisor more and have the truck back to see for myself.