Exhaust exiting before rear tire? Anyone else looking for this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to Paul @ Stainless Works about their exhaust systems as I'm going to be doing one pretty soon.

Especially with offroading and stuff, i really like the idea of a setup like my lightning was exiting before the rear wheel.

They currently don't have a setup like this, so I was just wondering if I was the only one that thinks this might be a good idea?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look up The Tank. I believe he's routed his to exit before the tire.

A few of us have just cut off the tips, so they're not in the way before or after the tire.

delete.jpg

delete3.jpg

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some people have already done this like whtrapta. I think it's a good idea but SW prices are through the roof. I'm currently looking into a Magnaflow setup.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I made mine myself. Got a flowmaster 40. Took pipe I had in the garage then a 45 bend and tip from the stock exhaust. Then a local muffler shop welded a hanger so it doesn't move

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Mine doesn't exit in front of the wheels, as I would have crunched it long ago. It spits out about a foot in front of the axle with a simple turndown. I've got 20,000 miles with running it and not even so much as a black mark on the axle.

The shop unbolted the factory exhaust from the cat back so I could, well, let it collect dust in the garage... They put in a short section of pipe, and made new brackets to fit the existing hangers - turned out just the way I liked.
Too windy here to play outside with pics but here's an old video if it helps.

Ford Raptor - Magnapack.AVI - YouTube

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also this this myself on my old Raptor. Used to be my little trademark, but then I got the Corsa on the Supercrew.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I did it and it didn't end well. I smashed the tailpipes and the trucks performance suffered horribly. Its a horrible idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I figured I'd do that, but also dinged the stock one pretty good so I decided to "limit my exposure".