Evil UCA's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Evil Manufacturing UCA's? I'm considering replacing my stockers since i spent an hour trying to get the drivers side nut off the spindle. I don't know how it was so tight but it took a torch melting out all the nylon from the nut and that was after rounding off the 10mm stud. Luckily i was able to pound a socket on there and hold it with a ratchet to get it off and then back on, but i'm not looking forward to the next time i have to pull it. I can't justify $1500+ for the billet ones and going OEM still gives me the risk of what i just went through. The Evil ones look like a nice balance between stock and billet. The only thing i'm concerned with is the longevity, especially with the open ball joint at the spindle. I'm wondering if i can make a plastic cap that presses in if there's enough room that it'll actually press in and not just pop out as soon as it moves. Anyone have any experience with these?

ElMemo

Reaction score
I have them I would not recommend getting them. They dont fit properly and after the shop called Doug about the issue. Doug said just to shave the bushing which I dont think that should be done. They should slide in and out easily.

ElMemo

Reaction score
Plus you will have to wait for some serious months. I ordered the upper and lower kit and took a little over 8 months and on top of that the kit had missing parts, incorrect parts.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen with a bump stop kit. Waited 2 months then it was excuse after excuse why it want shipped. So i canceled it

brink

Reaction score
The next best option to stock IMO is the Icon UCA with the Delta Joint. It's better sealed, relatively easy to rebuild and you can order the rebuild kit from Icon.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reason is that my OEM ones have a stripped stud so it makes removing and installing a real pain when i rebuild my shocks. My goal was to get a UCA with a nut and bolt at the upper joint and a bushing at the frame mount to maintain decent ride quality on the road. I'd suspect having a hard metallic connection with the Heims would transfer a lot of vibration and bumps into the truck where the bushing would soften it a little. I found Baja Kits and Blitzkrieg make that style.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My reason is that my OEM ones have a stripped stud so it makes removing and installing a real pain when i rebuild my shocks. My goal was to get a UCA with a nut and bolt at the upper joint and a bushing at the frame mount to maintain decent ride quality on the road. I'd suspect having a hard metallic connection with the Heims would transfer a lot of vibration and bumps into the truck where the bushing would soften it a little. I found Baja Kits and Blitzkrieg make that style.
Camburg also makes an upper with the bushing. If you do off-road a lot, get the upper with Heim so you can lock out the lower from moving.
Glad to see Evil hasnt changed...lol