Elk hunters or 15 more inches for hunting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Bed extender you should have enough room or else make a half box to put in the bed that will extend further than the tailgate to make an 8 foot bed. You don't want to pass up getting a Raptor though just to make room for an Elk. Not sure if you have to but here we have to get drawn in the Lottery to get an Elk. I have solved that problem though. I just invite them over for dinner and fatten them up for when I do get drawn. LOL!
DSCF0637.jpg
100_0981.jpg

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen elk packed out in Ford Rangers. Don't let a shorter bed sway you from owning the most badass truck on the planet!

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can do it. But you won't be putting much gear back there with it unless you pile it up high. Works great for a backpack type hunt where you go light on gear and bone out or quarter your meat. If your doing a typical elk hunt with a wall tent, wood stove, cot and complete kitchen you'll need a trailer.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a spike camp on my back , backpack and rifle , boots kind of guy so no wall tents here.

Thanks for the comments fellas, BTW how many of you have a topper on your a Raptor?

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at a new terrain today, gotta say , I may be the minority but it looked awesome, really shows the lines of the truck body, and looks very utilitarian . Black and Tan.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy in Wyoming has a scab raptor and hunts elk. He ams his brothers are sponsored and in a few hunting magazines. They manage just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk off the top of my head. They were on the cover of one last summer/fall with bows. They hunt out of Wyoming.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk