GEN 2 Electronic Parking Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adaptive cruise control has been working flawlessly for me for 23,000 miles on my Raptor.
Working flawlessly On my Jeep Grand Cherokee for 115,000 miles.

I suppose Ill trust the ACC until it fails.
At some point a sensor is likely to go out.
But doesn’t this go for everything.

It works till it breaks....right?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only issue I see is when you go to change the pads in the rear. With a mechanical parking brake you can adjust the rear parking brake as how much play/slack it should have. How do you adjust the electronic parking brake? I hope it does not require a computer.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As an example, when changing brake pads on many higher end vehicles, you must hookup with the cars computer and issue the option to have it withdraw the caliper pistons. This may be similar with the electronic parking brake.

It’s just the way it has gone and is further moving.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 = first year in Raptor

I thought that not having one was odd on my 2018, considering my 2018 F150 had one. I never got used to the electronic version, even though I had a habit of hitting the manual parking brake so I was actually kind of excited for the pedal.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As an example, when changing brake pads on many higher end vehicles, you must hookup with the cars computer and issue the option to have it withdraw the caliper pistons. This may be similar with the electronic parking brake.

It’s just the way it has gone and is further moving.

I will drive my 2011 until I die.