OBD lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, just got a 2022 gen 3, after having my 2019 stolen. I am looking into preventing against modern theft, and plan to install some kind of kill switch or alternatively, a switch that is required in order to start the truck (i.e. looking into options recommended by @FordTechOne). I also have faraday box at home for the key fobs. But I also understand that thieves are using the OBD port, and want to prevent that. I see online there are some OBD mechanical locks, as well as electronic software locks. But I can't seem to find an option for these trucks, so would appreciate any help you can offer. I looked into Ravelco but am turned off by the fact that there is no local installer, and they are relatively expensive. Appreciate any links or thoughts you may have. Please don't recommend parking inside (not an option) or obtaining good insurance (just waited six months for a replacement, and lost thousands in the process). Thanks!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ravelco might be expensive but you get what you pay for. The drive may be worth it for peace of mind. The benefit certainly outweigh the alternative.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't even hesitate on the Ravelco. Drive here and get it done ASAP. I hear theft in Canada is out of control. You already had your heart broken once....Getting another Gen 3 would be pretty annoying and another long wait.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Faraday is a good start. Ravelco for sure. I had mine installed recently, bought it Black Friday week. I wonder if they will travel to install? Or you could drive to Raptor Assault, stop in Idaho for a Ravelco installation.

Also if you park outside, I would install a hood latch guard from jimmi jammer, tailgate guard from Sabellco, and move your horn to the engine bay or have a secondary horn that would still work if they cut your primary horn on a theft attempt. One guy on here has a train horn installed that will trigger with the alarm. Might as well toss in an airtag, super cheap, but may be worthless if thief has Bluetooth disabled. Custom lugs or lock nuts may be helpful.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Faraday is a good start. Ravelco for sure. I had mine installed recently, bought it Black Friday week. I wonder if they will travel to install? Or you could drive to Raptor Assault, stop in Idaho for a Ravelco installation.

Also if you park outside, I would install a hood latch guard from jimmi jammer, tailgate guard from Sabellco, and move your horn to the engine bay or have a secondary horn that would still work if they cut your primary horn on a theft attempt. One guy on here has a train horn installed that will trigger with the alarm. Might as well toss in an airtag, super cheap, but may be worthless if thief has Bluetooth disabled. Custom lugs or lock nuts may be helpful.
I thought about all of this including a camera but if the Ravelco is installed the truck will be there. Plain and simple. They can open hoods all they want but they won't figure it out.