Electronic Issues on a 2023, Dealer Fixed NONE OF IT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same clinking noise when I had a barrier next to me. Turns out the shop didn't tighten down the center plate on my front left wheel and it was making the noise. Not sure if you have aftermarket wheels or not

Define "center plate"? I do have aftermarket wheels.

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant the wheel center cap.
Oh definetely isnt that - it sounds like something metal just clinking around. I tried my best to pin point it but without hanging under the car while somones driving it, tough to spot LOL.

I can live with the Carplay bugginess, but looks like someone already commented on it. I have numerous vehicles with Carplay and have none of the same issues so im going to blame it on Ford's crappy SYNC. I even tried it with 3 different model iphones on different IOS' - same issue and very random (agreed - tough to spot).

My biggest gripe is definetely the TPMS fault and the exhaust valve not closing. Going to try a diferrent Ford but it was a PAIN to deal with Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, CA. 23 days, zero updates, i had to escalate to customer relations and they were just as bad.

Anyone in the area, STAY AWAY FROM KEN GRODY. If you read their online reviews, their service department has gone downhill and they're notorious for nasty markups on their vehicles.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh definetely isnt that - it sounds like something metal just clinking around. I tried my best to pin point it but without hanging under the car while somones driving it, tough to spot LOL.

I can live with the Carplay bugginess, but looks like someone already commented on it. I have numerous vehicles with Carplay and have none of the same issues so im going to blame it on Ford's crappy SYNC. I even tried it with 3 different model iphones on different IOS' - same issue and very random (agreed - tough to spot).

My biggest gripe is definetely the TPMS fault and the exhaust valve not closing. Going to try a diferrent Ford but it was a PAIN to deal with Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, CA. 23 days, zero updates, i had to escalate to customer relations and they were just as bad.

Anyone in the area, STAY AWAY FROM KEN GRODY. If you read their online reviews, their service department has gone downhill and they're notorious for nasty markups on their vehicles.
This is 100% your issue....KEN GRODY. It's a crime what they've been doing to their raptors. Take it to another dealership

You didn't say if your connecting to CarPlay wired or wireless.

if wireless, it COULD be your gateway module that needs an update. There is a bulletin for it.

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is 100% your issue....KEN GRODY. It's a crime what they've been doing to their raptors. Take it to another dealership

You didn't say if your connecting to CarPlay wired or wireless.

if wireless, it COULD be your gateway module that needs an update. There is a bulletin for it.

And its 100% dumb to comment on something you dont have the full details on. I'm not commenting about their issue with the Carplay.

They had my vehicle for 23 days which included Carplay as part of the work, but that wasn't the issue. It's their customer service, lack of communication from the bottom the top. In their defense, let's leave all the Carplay bugs out of this discussion and they're still a shit dealer.

If you like having someone hold onto your car for 23 days with zero updates, no lead times, no calls, no ability to track the whereabouts through the app, then by all means go for it.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And its 100% dumb to comment on something you dont have the full details on. I'm not commenting about their issue with the Carplay.

They had my vehicle for 23 days which included Carplay as part of the work, but that wasn't the issue. It's their customer service, lack of communication from the bottom the top. In their defense, let's leave all the Carplay bugs out of this discussion and they're still a shit dealer.

If you like having someone hold onto your car for 23 days with zero updates, no lead times, no calls, no ability to track the whereabouts through the app, then by all means go for it.
um....I'm agreeing with you...not sure why you're so hot. I am saying that your issue is 100% Ken Grody being a shit dealer and not helping you. "This is 100% your issue....KEN GRODY." Maybe reread it?

I have two comments in there. 1. Agreeing with you that they are a shit dealer. 2. Asking for additional info so we can try and help you with your CarPlay issues.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KG is the worst. Don’t go there anymore.

Can you tell where that clunking sound is coming from? I have seen the axle nut work loose on a few trucks and it just clunks around in there behind the wheel center cap. Worth a look.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Then you must not want any comments... None of us has the full details (So I too must be 100% dumb -- SMDH)

@Donmatteo was just condemning Ken Grody for being a terrible dealership. Which they absolutely are. I would never in a million years trust them to even look at my truck across a parkinglot.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CarPlay is an apple product that is only effectively a screen share to the car's display from the phone and not integrated with the electronics of the car. . It's well documented how car play interfaces with the manufacture. It's not a sestemic issue and only impacts users with phone or phone software related issues. @FordTechOne has a lot of insight as well

The phone sends a H.264 video stream of the UI to the car, and the car sends back x and y co-ordinates of screen touches. This is how Carplay keeps working across iOS upgrades without having to upgrade the car's firmware.
Exactly. The biggest issues we see are 1. The cable being used is worn or a cheap aftermarket 2. The phone had an issue or app that is causing CarPlay not to function properly.

The dealer cannot resolve issues caused by 3rd party devices. What they need to do is pair a “known good” device to determine if it’s a system/software issue or a device issue.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Long story boring, took my truck in only for the dealer to keep it for nearly 3 weeks, refreshed and updated SYNC, i get it back and all the issues are still present.
Did you verify that the software was actually updated? There is a specific service message for wireless CarPlay issues that requires a Master Reset to correct issues. If your phone was still in the system when you got it back then they didn’t do it.
2023 Raptor (non-R, 37pp) with less than 7k miles and these annoying issues are going right back to a different dealer:

1. TPMS Fault: totally random but this error comes on and its only related to a single TPMS sensor (passenger front). It goes away and it will return on its own. No specific pattern
If you have ProPower Onboard (2.0kw) there is a Service Bulletin (23-2276) to installed a harness shield on the TPM, which blocks the RFI from the inverter.
5. Quiet Mode doesnt work: Dealer says they swapped out the close valves but it still won't shut the valve for quiet mode (i use this primarily during cold starts to not annoy my neighbors).

6. Some sort of metal clinking sound at low speeds if i have my windows rolled down and driving alongside a wall, i hear something clinking from somehwere under the car. Dealer wasn't able to resolve.
These two are very likely related. The dealer should have verified the concern and performed TSB 23-2341. The service bulletin includes a software update and exhaust tailpipe actuator if necessary.