Electronic Issues on a 2023, Dealer Fixed NONE OF IT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story boring, took my truck in only for the dealer to keep it for nearly 3 weeks, refreshed and updated SYNC, i get it back and all the issues are still present.

2023 Raptor (non-R, 37pp) with less than 7k miles and these annoying issues are going right back to a different dealer:

1. TPMS Fault: totally random but this error comes on and its only related to a single TPMS sensor (passenger front). It goes away and it will return on its own. No specific pattern

2. R mode is glitchy: It wiped out all my settings at 1 point, i set it back up and randomly it'll say MY MODE NOT AVAILABLE

3. Carplay: Sometimes theres zero audio even though it says audio is playing - tried it both with Spotify and Music App on iPhone.

4. GoogleMaps right side of screen is blank. Again, very random but sometimes i only have about 1/2 my G-maps screen on the dash. NO pattern, turn car off, doesn't fix.

5. Quiet Mode doesnt work: Dealer says they swapped out the close valves but it still won't shut the valve for quiet mode (i use this primarily during cold starts to not annoy my neighbors).

6. Some sort of metal clinking sound at low speeds if i have my windows rolled down and driving alongside a wall, i hear something clinking from somehwere under the car. Dealer wasn't able to resolve.

pirates1456

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same clinking noise when I had a barrier next to me. Turns out the shop didn't tighten down the center plate on my front left wheel and it was making the noise. Not sure if you have aftermarket wheels or not

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Random glitchy computer errors are the worst thing in the world to troubleshoot. And dealers are on a tight time budget for warranty work. My big fear with these new computers on wheels is that I'll get one with gremlins. Give another dealer a shot at it, but if that doesn't fix it and you can afford the transaction costs, think about trading it in. Or you can start documenting all of this stuff so that you can get Ford to buy it back, at which point you can try again. Sadly, all new cars today are computer controlled. Annoying.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story boring, took my truck in only for the dealer to keep it for nearly 3 weeks, refreshed and updated SYNC, i get it back and all the issues are still present.

2023 Raptor (non-R, 37pp) with less than 7k miles and these annoying issues are going right back to a different dealer:

1. TPMS Fault: totally random but this error comes on and its only related to a single TPMS sensor (passenger front). It goes away and it will return on its own. No specific pattern

2. R mode is glitchy: It wiped out all my settings at 1 point, i set it back up and randomly it'll say MY MODE NOT AVAILABLE

3. Carplay: Sometimes theres zero audio even though it says audio is playing - tried it both with Spotify and Music App on iPhone.

4. GoogleMaps right side of screen is blank. Again, very random but sometimes i only have about 1/2 my G-maps screen on the dash. NO pattern, turn car off, doesn't fix.

5. Quiet Mode doesnt work: Dealer says they swapped out the close valves but it still won't shut the valve for quiet mode (i use this primarily during cold starts to not annoy my neighbors).

6. Some sort of metal clinking sound at low speeds if i have my windows rolled down and driving alongside a wall, i hear something clinking from somehwere under the car. Dealer wasn't able to resolve.
Google Maps fix - open phone - open google maps - then force close google maps. Reopen.
Should fix.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Carplay issue with music playing but no sound, disconnecting wifi and reconnecting the is the only solution I have found. My dealer was useless with that. I've tried older iOS versions and most current with no permanent resolution.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the Carplay issue with music playing but no sound, disconnecting wifi and reconnecting the is the only solution I have found. My dealer was useless with that. I've tried older iOS versions and most current with no permanent resolution.
Explain how the dealer can fix a CarPlay (apple) issue.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

1. seems easy to fix with a new TPMS sender
2. I had that from time to time but went away, or rather, havent seen it since I swapped to an H8 battery.
3. CarPlay is an apple issue. Does it happen when it's wired or wireless or both?
4. Google maps issue. Close the app and reopen it on the phone.
5. No advice for this one.
5. No advice for this one.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Explain how the dealer can fix a CarPlay (apple) issue.
Do the two interface? Yes, therefore there can be issues with how the two software programs interact depending on which version you're running. The dealer can install older software, to isolate the issues to the iOS alone. While most issues are on the iOS side, not all are. I like to eliminate the variables, and my dealer was unable and unwilling to help me troubleshoot this whatsoever. Is that fair enough? Do you know this is 100% a an iOS issue? If so, what is the resolution and how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the two interface? Yes, therefore there can be issues with how the two software programs interact depending on which version you're running. The dealer can install older software, to isolate the issues to the iOS alone. While most issues are on the iOS side, not all are. I like to eliminate the variables, and my dealer was unable and unwilling to help me troubleshoot this whatsoever. Is that fair enough? Do you know this is 100% a an iOS issue? If so, what is the resolution and how did you arrive at that conclusion?
CarPlay is an apple product that is only effectively a screen share to the car's display from the phone and not integrated with the electronics of the car. . It's well documented how car play interfaces with the manufacture. It's not a sestemic issue and only impacts users with phone or phone software related issues. @FordTechOne has a lot of insight as well

The phone sends a H.264 video stream of the UI to the car, and the car sends back x and y co-ordinates of screen touches. This is how Carplay keeps working across iOS upgrades without having to upgrade the car's firmware.

Last edited: