GEN 2 Electrical Fire!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillVickers

Reaction score
Glad everyone is okay. There was a recall for something regarding a fire hazard above the battery. You may want to look into it.

adam0311

Reaction score
Totally sucks. Could be the aftermarket wiring, but since it was sitting for a couple days, my money is on critters chewing through some wires. Those little bastards love climbing up in the engine bay when it’s cold out.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subbed to see why. Glad no one was hurt, hope you find a suitable replacement soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDinNoCo

Reaction score
Damn, that does suck. I recently clean my K&N air filter & notice A bit of battery insulation was missing & the engine cover had what looked like the beginning of a multi-unit pack-rat condo being constructed. Took some big chunks out of the cover as well. No fire, but critters definitely love the Raptor. Hope it all works out for you though. NoCo Raptor here.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bummer. This really sucks. Glad you caught it in time. Right in the battery fuse area. Curious to the cause. Hope you get fixed or a new truck.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At about 2 AM this morning, we woke up the Raptor's horn blaring. Looked out the window and saw orange glow from the front of the truck. Rushed outside and discovered a decent fire going under the hood! Managed to put it out with two fire extinguishers before it spread so thankfully no damage to the rest of the truck, but there's a lot of damage on the passenger side of the engine bay. Seems to have started right behind the battery with the fuse box and power distribution block area. Definitely electrical.

The truck had been parked, off, and untouched for 2.5 days before this. Cold night, some snow coming down. Never had any issues with the truck before. 2019 with 20k miles on it.

Insurance hasn't been out yet, but I'd bet money it will be totaled. Super bummed:(. Really loved this thing.

View attachment 164281
Sorry to see that, but luckily no one was injured and the house was spared.

WyoRaptorrrrr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the truck!!!

Makes me want to go home and double check all my wiring!!!!!

I have a winch wiring harness setup in that same area, but have had critters in engines before! On my old 1993 F150 they filled up one of my outside air vents with a gallon of Rye seeds!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Yeah, if it was sitting for a few days, the local critters likely made a home in the fuse box and ate though the wiring. The little sh*its have bitten a few chunks out of my engine cover and left hickory nut remnants all around...!

Those dang squirrels.

IMG95264611.jpg

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Glad everyone is okay. There was a recall for something regarding a fire hazard above the battery. You may want to look into it.

Don't remember that one but a lot of folks including my 2019 had a loose connection, smaller wire, on the positive side terminated at the battery, damn factory.