Ecoboost vs 6.2 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a 6.2 Lariat vs a 3.5EB XLT. They were neck and neck but the 6.2 just stays ahead.
6.2 vs ecoboost - YouTube

At the Ford drive event, they had an 1/8th mile track set up. Exactly 6 of the 12 top scores on the board for fastest times of the day were the 6.2, and the other half dozen of the top 12 scores were the 3.5 EB. And it wasn't all 6.2 at the top and 3.5 at the bottom, they were mixed up pretty much as mixed up as you can get. Where am I going with this? As said, driver plays a decent portion for that small of a margin on a kill.

The only way the Ecoboost wins anything is if you don't have a sense of hearing.
....says the man who's never driven the 3.5 EB and has self confidence issues if he were caught in a twin turbo V6 powered truck :baby::ROFLJest:

TommyBwell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...says the man who's never driven the 3.5 EB and has self confidence issues if he were caught in a twin turbo V6 powered truck :baby::ROFLJest:
Wrong on both points but thanks for your ASSumption. I just like the sound of a V8.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, and I know there are debates ALL over about the EB vs. the 6.2, but why IS the Raptor so much heavier than the other F150s that can come with an EB? I know that there is a weight difference in the engines themselves, but that doesn't account for the majority of the, what, ~500 lbs difference? That's like 100-150 lbs or so. What makes up the rest? :waytogo:

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocks, other suspension components, wheel/tire combo, skid plates, flared out fenders, exhaust, running boards. All that could easily be a couple of hundred lbs heavier.

I don't know that I trust the published weights either. Who knows what options the truck was weighed with...

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Difference between Eco and 6.2 engine is less than 100lbs. The published weight difference is 149lbs without counting the intercooler, charge piping, extra exhaust weight, etc - and that is specifically called out in those numbers. All that crap is easily 50lbs.

Difference in trucks varies, some are as close to 600lbs (not subtracting engine weight) and as far as 800 (again, not subtracting engine weight)

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was the verdict with the threadstarter? My brothers EB has beat me twice, but I might not have been running the 94 octane to get the change in fuel program.

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was the verdict with the threadstarter? My brothers EB has beat me twice, but I might not have been running the 94 octane to get the change in fuel program.

Is your brother a better driver?... But none of this matters anyway once you hit the dirt because it will handle any other factory purpose built truck on the market.