Ecoboost vs 6.2 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit the 6.7 super duty will walk a Raptor. They are very fast for that heavy if a truck

Very incorrect. My friend had a 2012 F350 Day Cab 8 foot 4x4 FX4 with the scorpion and he couldn't touch me. I walked away from him. Stock for stock. I had the K&N, but that don't mean shit. His truck was probably the same weight due to his configuration. He just bought a '13 F350 Supercrew 8 foot box fully loaded FX4 last month. I just got my truck back this weekend. He's not afraid to run it. I'm sure we'll get 'er done. :biggrin:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What gearing? My dad has a 250 crew cab short bed, no performance mods, and it'll beat my truck. He has the 4:10 towing gears from the factory. It'll walk mine. Same HP and double the TQ. hard to win against that.

boostfiend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old king ranch 13 ecoboost screw with 3.73s felt a hell of alot faster then my new 13 raptor screw. I put a intake on the ecoboost from AFE thing sounded beast but it still lacked that v8 growl

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very incorrect. My friend had a 2012 F350 Day Cab 8 foot 4x4 FX4 with the scorpion and he couldn't touch me. I walked away from him. Stock for stock. I had the K&N, but that don't mean shit. His truck was probably the same weight due to his configuration. He just bought a '13 F350 Supercrew 8 foot box fully loaded FX4 last month. I just got my truck back this weekend. He's not afraid to run it. I'm sure we'll get 'er done. :biggrin:

Your friend can't drive and his new truck is at least a ton heavier then yours. Just saying!

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My old king ranch 13 ecoboost screw with 3.73s felt a hell of alot faster then my new 13 raptor screw. I put a intake on the ecoboost from AFE thing sounded beast but it still lacked that v8 growl

It WAS faster. It was also at least 400lbs lighter (max tow with 6.5ft bed) or as much as 800lbs lighter (5.5ft bed) and had much lighter wheels/tires, lower and had a smaller front profile.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
lock the rear end and use offroad in a drag race
shit, I'd even try using 4x4 and switch it off after about 20 mph

I've already reduced 100 lbs. from my truck. Now looking at a wheel and tire setup that reduces another 10 lbs. at EACH corner. And yes I know how balanced the truck is from the factory. I know it's setup for the jumps but I'm looking to reduce weight.

Lose the tailgate and run 93 shell fuel. Even better run some 91 octane ethinol free gas. Honestly in a true race I would beat most trucks off the line so that lil V6 will have to play ketchup. You gotta learn the TREE.

This discussion pops up daily at work. I offered to race ANY eco-boost F150 at No Problem drag way if they wanna try me. No takers yet. figures

Reduce weight, run good fuel, practice the launch, try using offroad feature, lock the rear end....maybe even launch in 4x4. I've never been passed yet by a diesel or an eco-boost or a 5.0L. You gotta use the torque at the right time fella's. Out the hole, up a bridge, out of a turn or through a curve. Stop doing 60 mpg roll on's with them ****** in the V6 trucks.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was kind of wondering about the offroad mode, cause it changes to firmer shifts with less delay.

I wouldn't recommend switching in and out of 4x4 under load though.