Eco Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree. Did a mid perch on my gen1, effectively eliminated nose dive. Will be installing a collars eventually. But what I am talking about is pedal feel. No perch or collar is going to change that. Damn near ate his steering wheel applying the same pedal pressure I've become accustomed to since purchasing Jenny. Even my Gen 1, running 37 inch tires felt firmer than the new one.

That's actually interesting. My brother just traded in his Sierra for a Gen 2. So far the soft break pedal and lack of low end torque have been his only gripes - otherwise completely loves the truck.

I have no idea why a regular F150 would have better brake feel.

OP
OP
kandewinn

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually interesting. My brother just traded in his Sierra for a Gen 2. So far the soft break pedal and lack of low end torque have been his only gripes - otherwise completely loves the truck.

I have no idea why a regular F150 would have better brake feel.

Thats why i mistakenly assumed it had larger brakes. BUT...I DO LOVE THE TRUCK. I would have never had anything to say about the issue had he not asked me to drive his truck home. Completely caught me off guard.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

I guess I need to test drive a normal 3.5 eco F150.
I understand it's a big heavy ass truck, with big heavy tires, but street performance wise, I'm just not all that impressed.
Of course I'm coming from a modified and tuned 2011 STI.

As far as what a truck is supposed to do off-road, I've been thoroughly impressed.
Towing as well, but I only tow a small 6x10 trailer, I can barely notice it's even back there.

I don't think you need to drive another 3.5 eco to become impressed. You need to drive any other brands full size 6,000 pound truck. This thing flat hauls ass for a rolling brick. Is it a track ready tuned GTR? NO!!! But...As far as trucks go, if you have the new Raptor, you have the baddest truck out there. If you have a gen1 raptor, you too, have the baddest truck out there. Maybe a hellcat TRX will give it a run for its money, but thats still a concept.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats why i mistakenly assumed it had larger brakes. BUT...I DO LOVE THE TRUCK. I would have never had anything to say about the issue had he not asked me to drive his truck home. Completely caught me off guard.

Yeah I knew they were nice trucks but until I spent time in his I didn't realize just how nice. And surprisingly fast stock, too.