Dumb question about the amber lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Ive always wanted to have my parking lights programmed into the auto lamp feature. So when its daytime the amber lights and taillights are on and then I can have the headlights turn on automatically! Is this possible?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tango68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amber lights are controlled by a sensor that is located infront of the tray in the middle of the dash. When the light is bright they will not turn on untile it is dark. I usually throw my cap over thesensor and they stay on all the time, that's in Canada... may be different in the US. if you want them on all the time just put some black tape over the sensor.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its actually strange that DRL's would only turn on headlamps and not the marker lights. if its for safety and to be seen by other motorists the marker lights would make you more visible from all angles.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
A lot of us do so the amber markers are on.

I've really been mulling over the idea of wiring them up so they're on all the time when the truck is on. I just haven't sat down to figure out exactly how to go about doing it.