GEN 2 Dual zone HVAC control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced a steering wheel warmer? I've never even heard of this before. Luckily it's a cheap upgrade so I'll order it for those those times I do drive to the snow or cold mountains.

They actually heat up very quickly, it's a nice option for those really cold days.

tone228

Reaction score
Two pics for comparison. 802a and either base or 801a. You can see the different HVAC controls. Also you can see the push button start vs traditional key start.

2017-ford-f-150-raptor-dashboard-angle.jpg

2017-Ford-F-150-Raptor-SuperScrew-interior.jpg
Thanks for the comparison pics. I've been wondering about the seats. I think 801a and 802a include full leather seats. So what seats are those in the 802a pic? I've seen them before in some gen 2 Raptor pics. But other pics I've seen the full leather. Anyone know?

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 802a package is really going to help resale, is it absolutely necessary absolutely definitely not, but when I was looking for a vette I immediately went to the vettes that had the 3ZR package so I imagine some people will do the same thing. As for the heated steering wheel, its nice, I have it on my volvo, kinda overrated but for a little over $100 bucks kinda a no brainer for me especially if your already getting the 802a package.

Side note: I do think the 802a package should have been an "all inclusive package" especially for the price but I guess ford priced things the way they did so either pay for it or don't, not a lot of option there.

Last edited:

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The early trucks shown likley have some mix and matched options that dont jive with what is offered currently. Just regarding center stacks, the first image would be the 802A (you can see dual zone hvac, ac'd seats,etc), the 2nd pic is 801A. Both of those groups come with the larger 8" screen. The smaller 4" screen comes on the base trim, as seen in the foutz race truck.

Ford-F-150-Raptor-Race-Truck-Interior.jpg

These pics can be confusing as foutz truck looks to be equipped with intelligent access/push button start which only looks to be available on 802a, you can see the 801a truck shows a standard key. I wouldn't read much into the pictures of the seats, that 802a picture was froma while back. those seats may actually be the base seats, minus the white colors, but fabric middle and leatherette bolsters

rapetor17

Reaction score
Im so pissed that i can't order heated steering wheel and power folding mirrors as a stand alone option:( 801 for me don't need all the extra stuff in 802

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the world of additional options. toyota has done this for years. back in 13 i was shopping for a car for the wife and toyota had a $12k upgrade option. i just kept moving to the next car manufacturer

Cusenation7

Reaction score
Am I reading the Ford docs right that to get dual zone temp controls for the HVAC you have to buy the $9345 802A package? I don't see it as a stand alone option unless I'm missing it?

That seems ridiculous you can't get it on the mid 801A!

I spoke to the dealer today where I placed my order, as i was looking to have that as a standalone option. You are correct. You cannot get the dual climate control with out the 802A lux package. That is confirmed. I was bummed.

Last edited:

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried ordering heated steering wheel with 801a and it wouldnt go thru. Had to have 802a package.
What! No push button start on the 801a? That should be standard!

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
Also thought I'd throw in this information: 801a does not have power folding mirrors or heated seats.

OP
OP
magstar67

magstar67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are right on the mirrors but you can order them separately but the 801a does include front heated seats but cooled seats nor rear heated seats. To get those you have to get the 802a