GEN 2 Dual zone HVAC control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magstar67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I reading the Ford docs right that to get dual zone temp controls for the HVAC you have to buy the $9345 802A package? I don't see it as a stand alone option unless I'm missing it?

That seems ridiculous you can't get it on the mid 801A!

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's true.

I think the issue for Ford is that they've really designed the truck at the platinum level this time, but then they needed to get the base price down so that it didn't look like too much of an increase over the 1st gen.

Kind of a no win. It makes you feel like you get ***** on the 802, but if you compare what you get for the same in a Platinum or King Ranch, the pricing is in line.

The better value is the 801, but you do lose some nice stuff. Honestly, there isn't much on the 802 that I don't want - but as someone pointed out, that stuff isn't worth what they're charging.

chiefy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cannot do without remote start, push start and ac seats in az...what vehicle in 2017 should you have to pay extra for remote start and push start..

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i cannot do without remote start, push start and ac seats in az...what vehicle in 2017 should you have to pay extra for remote start and push start..

Same situation but with heated stuff and remote start for me...Snows 8 months a year where Im at so warming the vehicle up before hand helps.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced a steering wheel warmer? I've never even heard of this before. Luckily it's a cheap upgrade so I'll order it for those those times I do drive to the snow or cold mountains.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 15 Tahoe has a heated steering wheel. Nice in the winter when getting in from the cold without gloves.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The heated steering wheel de laminated the wood grain in the 2014 Denali...
I know the Raptor doeant have wood grain but just sayin Im a little leary

Seagrave7

Reaction score
Two pics for comparison. 802a and either base or 801a. You can see the different HVAC controls. Also you can see the push button start vs traditional key start.

2017-ford-f-150-raptor-dashboard-angle.jpg

2017-Ford-F-150-Raptor-SuperScrew-interior.jpg

jsstalli

Reaction score
I had heated steering wheel on my Range Rover Sport and it was nice in the winter time.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I reading the Ford docs right that to get dual zone temp controls for the HVAC you have to buy the $9345 802A package? I don't see it as a stand alone option unless I'm missing it?

That seems ridiculous you can't get it on the mid 801A!

That's almost exactly 10x the repair cost when the blend door actuator fails :biggrin: