DSC Sport Plug-N-Play Active Suspension Controller - Fox Live Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aeroclown

Reaction score
I have deavers in the back and geiser springs up front. Are there any calibrations ready for that. I was also considering the e-click system but it’s good to see competition. Now that there is more than one I’ll have to think about the road I take.

Also are there any videos of this system in action with more details/hands on?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
I have deavers in the back and geiser springs up front. Are there any calibrations ready for that. I was also considering the e-click system but it’s good to see competition. Now that there is more than one I’ll have to think about the road I take.

Also are there any videos of this system in action with more details/hands on?
Should be seeing those out shortly. In the last week, we have sent out quite a few units and hoping to hear back from the first group of owners here sometime soon to see their first impressions and hear what they all think of the calibrations we developed

PlaynCA

Reaction score
It is a 5 minute install, 3 -7mm screws in the footwell where a foot operated e-brake would be, 2 quick disconnect plugs that are color coded. Prior to install I saved a copy of the baseline config maps. You certainly don't have to, it is plug and play, but I'm the type that will analyze and play with the settings. The plug adapter is conveniently located for very easy connection when I do change maps, about 5 seconds to open drivers door and plug in. My truck is a SCAB, with Deaver +3 out back and 1.75 collars on the front. I took a test drive around the block with several speedbumps and turns. I could tell a difference in seconds; much softer when no G loading, and instantly / progressively firm and predictable when any G s from turning or braking. It swallowed the speedbumps much smoother in sport mode than the stock unit did in normal. I'll run around for a few weeks with the factory DSC settings before playing with the tuning tables. Plan to be in the desert or mountains during the Thanksgiving holiday. I do off-road the truck, but for those looking for feedback on high speed runs down the rutted trails, that's not me, I have a buggy and bikes for that. I have the DSC sport for a C7Z06, so am very familiar with how tuneable this is. For me, the extreme tuneability of the DSC ( easy with lots of online tutorials on the DSC site) outweighs the dial a tune of the e-click. Also, big kudos to Tom at DSC, he answered my detailed calibration mapping questions within a couple hours of me sending an e-mail...the info is not something needed to use the DSC with factory maps, but I'm eventually going to play with the maps and wanted all the details.

Attachments

• IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    326.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a 5 minute install, 3 -7mm screws in the footwell where a foot operated e-brake would be, 2 quick disconnect plugs that are color coded. Prior to install I saved a copy of the baseline config maps. You certainly don't have to, it is plug and play, but I'm the type that will analyze and play with the settings. The plug adapter is conveniently located for very easy connection when I do change maps, about 5 seconds to open drivers door and plug in. My truck is a SCAB, with Deaver +3 out back and 1.75 collars on the front. I took a test drive around the block with several speedbumps and turns. I could tell a difference in seconds; much softer when no G loading, and instantly / progressively firm and predictable when any G s from turning or braking. It swallowed the speedbumps much smoother in sport mode than the stock unit did in normal. I'll run around for a few weeks with the factory DSC settings before playing with the tuning tables. Plan to be in the desert or mountains during the Thanksgiving holiday. I do off-road the truck, but for those looking for feedback on high speed runs down the rutted trails, that's not me, I have a buggy and bikes for that. I have the DSC sport for a C7Z06, so am very familiar with how tuneable this is. For me, the extreme tuneability of the DSC ( easy with lots of online tutorials on the DSC site) outweighs the dial a tune of the e-click. Also, big kudos to Tom at DSC, he answered my detailed calibration mapping questions within a couple hours of me sending an e-mail...the info is not something needed to use the DSC with factory maps, but I'm eventually going to play with the maps and wanted all the details.
This may sound like a silly question, but did it improve regular driving over small bumps in the road as well? The first and only complaint I have ever gotten is that the truck is fairly bumpy/jittery over small bumps in the road for regular every day driving. Always thought it was interesting that the Raptor could eat up big bumps fairly well, but the small ones almost felt like they were happening too quick for the live valve or suspension to keep or or compensate for.

PlaynCA

Reaction score
Don, when going straight, the base map feels more compliant to me ( less damped) on the small bumps too...at least it did this morning on city roads. I just installed it last night, so don’t have experience with highway or other situations with small bumps yet. The DSC Sport rep should chime in here… my understanding for tuning, if the base map isn’t enough to make you happy, you can adjust the dampening for speed of vehicle if it was too firm at speed, or adjust the low speed velocity valving for each individual shock, or adjust the sensitivity for G tables, etc… so within the range of control of the live valve itself, you can adjust for the small bumps for the situations that annoy you.

Brenford2005

Reaction score
PlaynCA is there any reason you chose the DSC over the Eclik ? sounds like the Eclick is easier to fine tune and seems you like to tweak a little

PlaynCA

Reaction score
Brenford2005, I chose DSC over e-click as the amount of tuneability parameters in DSC Sport is greater… 121 cell map for G tables, G table sensitivity, braking pressure maps and decay times, acceleration (TPS) maps, vehicle speed tables, high/medium/low shock velocity tables per shock ( electronic valving adjustment), adjustable travel stops (bump zones); all above settable for different drive modes.

Brenford2005

Reaction score
so you can change the setting on brake pressure ? mine are quite touchy. the Eclik says there is 10 settings for something that sounds similar.Eclick Settings.png

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
so you can change the setting on brake pressure ? mine are quite touchy. the Eclik says there is 10 settings for something that sounds similar.View attachment 330149
Yes, you can absolutely tune the suspension based on the braking force the truck sees. Here is a quick segment detailing the brake tuning capabilities with our controller. This is from an almost hour long video detailing all of the different tuning tables, capabilities, and adjustments that are possible with the DSC controller. We created this guide to walk through users on how to make adjustments based on their feel or needs.

DSC Sport Brake Tuning