Driving to Ensenada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
there are plenty of opportunities to go with folks like EXO or Dirt Days or Roc or TRR.

I have never felt unsafe on a run.

If you dont want to go, thats cool too, but being in a foreign country, in particular baja california, I actually feel safer than in the U.S.

I'm not saying you should go alone and be dumb. I am saying that Baja is certainly safer than DR. I wont even bring up my experiences in CR.

tabs2000

Reaction score
0051748cf26c3d6c086069455cb42cd1.jpg

3293f125d5171fa8236054b4c028b76e.jpg

These photos are from 3 weeks ago. I took my wife and kid down the pacific coast. We hit dirt in santo Tomas and drove all the way to a hostile in colonet.

I have been doing this trip for years. The local kids are a family we always bring clothes and dog food too along with a few toys. It truly is a great family experience.

On this trip we brought back a dog that a friend who lives in Colonet gave us. At the border the agent took our passports asked us a few questions and looked in the truck and said cute dog. He handed us our passports and we were on our way.

Go enjoy and explore Baja and make memories. Just use common sense and try to drive through border towns in daylight hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

These photos are from 3 weeks ago. I took my wife and kid down the pacific coast. We hit dirt in santo Tomas and drove all the way to a hostile in colonet.

I have been doing this trip for years. The local kids are a family we always bring clothes and dog food too along with a few toys. It truly is a great family experience.

On this trip we brought back a dog that a friend who lives in Colonet gave us. At the border the agent took our passports asked us a few questions and looked in the truck and said cute dog. He handed us our passports and we were on our way.

Go enjoy and explore Baja and make memories. Just use common sense and try to drive through border towns in daylight hours.

:head3:

:everything:

tabs2000

Reaction score
Hi,
Our family is thinking of taking a long weekend trip to Ensenada. For you who've done the drive without a large group, could you please let us know how safe it is and if there were any concerns at all? Wife is a little nervous. Also, have any of you brought your dog and were there any issues?

Thanks ahead of time.

Raptor related because we'd be driving our Magnetic 2018.

OP if you are interested in going down send me a PM and maybe I could put a trip together that would be a great intro to Baja. I am always looking for people to go down south with.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Awesome! This is what it is about.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my exact "expectation" of what would happen if i ever went to any part of mexico. So I wont go. Just not worth the hassle, no matter how pretty it is or how nice "most" of the people are.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. Right now way too many aspects about mexico are smokey as hell.

Exactly....not knocking Mexico,it is beautiful and have some great people...but like in the USA,its the few bad apples.....so IMHO,every time you cross the Mexican Border its simple..are you feeling "lucky" today...I've had MANY great experiences down in Baja (pre-Raptor)...but it only takes 1 bad experience to say...do I really want to go someplace known for trouble and Policia on the take....Its really a shame,but I promise,once you have taken a ride handcuffed in back of a Mexican Policia car,you will never go back...
Also think we all agree on TJ ... its an accident waiting to happen... stay away.... I was young and dumb going alone,but wasnt doing anything crazy or stupid,just a single "tourist" walking down the street.....
I guess its the same as ANY city in ANY country..would you go back to that city if you left with stained BVD's....o_O

No Clue

Reaction score
I wouldn't take your dog if you're going to walk the city checking out shops and restaurants.

My wife and I, along with another couple stayed just outside of town in a AirBnB in a gated gated community on the coastal cliffs. If you're planning on something like that then your dog would be fine. Our place had plenty of space to play with your dog.

Not far from our place is a super market similar to our own and they have an awesome selection of local craft beers.
Calimax Sauzal
Colinas Riverside S/N, Colinas del Mar, 22760 El Sauzal, B.C., Mexico
+52 646 174 6256
https://maps.app.goo.gl/myexdfCgheBJM3ZS8

And hopefully you like steak because www.sanos.com.mx is awesome. If the weather is comfy outside sit on the covered patio and enjoy!
They speak English and our bill for the four of us to have great steak dinners, appetizers and about 8 beers/margaritas was about US $160.
SANO´S STEAK HOUSE
Carr Tijuana-Ensenada Km 108.5, Zona Playitas, 22860 Ensenada, B.C., Mexico
+52 646 174 4061
https://maps.app.goo.gl/56b3zn2WkKMCtSi87

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
OP if you do decide to go, register with the State Dept.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr.../traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Spain and Germany are also classified as level 2, just like Baja. what is the point?

If you're a federal employee, yes you should register with the state department. You should also not brag or be open about being a federal employee while in the country. This is normal SOP anyway.

We're not saying that y'all should cruise down to Sinaloa. We're saying steer clear of TJ. adventure does entail a bit of risk, however being aware and alert to keep yourself out of dangerous situations is normal for many folks. I don't mindlessly wander in the U.S. without a care in the world either.

100% truth, I've been to many areas of Detroit, Philadelphia, Camden, L.A. N.Y.C., Baltimore and D.C. that are twice as scary as anyplace that I've been in Baja.