Drive control malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BullGasm

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything on this, so here it goes;

I just bought a 2019 Rap a few weeks ago, less than 300 miles on it and I get a message on the dash stating " Drive control malfunction, service required". It also seems that the throttle response is weak now too (although that may be a placebo effect). I called the dealer, and the service guy said "hmmmm, don't know what that is" ....... {insert hard eye roll here}.

I'm obvs going to take it in, but has anyone had this/ dealt with it?

Thanks!

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Any update on what this was/is? I seem to have caught it.

Trevor Gavin

Reaction score
I’ve had the same thing. Up until yesterday it would reset and be fine after I stopped and started the truck. Now it’s stuck on normal and I’m taking it in on Tuesday. Guessing it just needs a new software flash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trevor Gavin

Reaction score
So it sounds like the dealer found the issue. I missed the call before service shut down today so I’ll follow up here tomorrow once I hear what they found to be the issue.

Trevor Gavin

Reaction score
Looks like it was a loose connection. I’m gonna try and get them to show me where that is so I can reseat if it comes up again. I’ll share if I found out where this connector is.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Looks like it was a loose connection. I’m gonna try and get them to show me where that is so I can reseat if it comes up again. I’ll share if I found out where this connector is.

Awesome, thank you. Please update us.

Trevor Gavin

Reaction score
Ok so they told me it was part of the cruise control module due to all the measurements it’s taking of the truck at all times. I haven’t confirmed but that’s the word. This module is located in the front bumper, driver side behind the plastic cover plate somewhere. Again, I haven’t put eyes on it but that’s what I have. Check it out and see if you guys can find the connection and see if that works. Hopefully saves a trip to the dealer.

Kahuna

Reaction score
That is the Adaptive cruise control. I had the error sporadically. Then I installed the SVC intercooler and relocated the ACC sensor (including un/re plugging) and I still have the error sporadically.

Unfortunately I don't think that is my issue. Thanks for trying though and please report back if it re-appears.

Trevor Gavin

Reaction score
That is the Adaptive cruise control. I had the error sporadically. Then I installed the SVC intercooler and relocated the ACC sensor (including un/re plugging) and I still have the error sporadically.

Unfortunately I don't think that is my issue. Thanks for trying though and please report back if it re-appears.
So it already came back and I’m at the dealer now. Sounds like it could be one of the shocks now. The dampener. Because that’s out and is computerized it’s throwing the whole system off. That’s the latest word.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Yeah, I smelt BS on ACC. I'm sure they are going to have difficulty narrowing it down.

For reference, I think mine stared happening after I got a passenger side rear puncture off road and was driving it around with the spare and no TPMS for a while. Not sure if coincidence or not.