GEN 1 Double Honk

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

not as unlikely as you think. I have traced back many door mechanisms on fords in my days as an installer. including my own vehicle with the same problem. they use an assembly that has door lock and door trigger in one piece. mostly happened in the mid-late 90s but, it definitely is not as common as before, however they still use the same type of setup.

How do I check this? And sounds like it will be warranty work.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My warranty says specifically "hood switch and pins are no covered". Considered a wear item...Open and shut case!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks everyone. That apparently was it, problem solved. I was working on that side last weekend removing the wires left over from the NAVTV removal and had to solder wire back to get the front camera working. I must of leaned on that hood switch bracket and bent it down a little.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. That apparently was it, problem solved. I was working on that side last weekend removing the wires left over from the NAVTV removal and had to solder wire back to get the front camera working. I must of leaned on that hood switch bracket and bent it down a little.
It's a Sensitive switch. Mine started double honking after I installed my hood mounts. So, why did you remove your nav TV?

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

It's a Sensitive switch. Mine started double honking after I installed my hood mounts. So, why did you remove your nav TV?

During cold weather less than 25 degrees, the entire NAV screen would be dead until the temperature in the cab got warm and a new recycle of ignition (turn the truck off, open door, turn on). For the benefits on the NAVTV, it wasn't worth it to me and possible voided warranty without having to take apart the dash to remove and back and forth if you ever had to bring it to the dealership for warranty. I heard later there was an firmware update to resolve this.

Plus the heated seats in the 14' doesn't have a hard button and you have to rely on the NAV screen to activate, dead screen = cold ass.