DOT approved Helmets....Open Faced or Closed Faced?

Open Faced Helmet or Closed Faced Helmet?

• Open Faced Helmet

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Closed Faced Helmet

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Not Sure (just curious to se the poll:))

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
i use my sled helmet for everything i need a helmet for.

its a snox/motox styled helmet. best way to go IMO. if you want full face protection, add goggles. if you want to feel the breeze, remove goggles. and better visibility i find. also, better ventilation with the right goggle setup.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts regarding their preference/choice of helmet
while driving off road or at the Texas Raptor Run or on a Raptor Expeditions Run, etc...

Open Faced Helmet or Closed Faced Helmet?

Hot diggity dog, so ya goin to Vegas for Octobers run ? Raptor Expeditions

I guess it depends on your dental plan ? And if you like to chew your food or suck it through a straw ?
Growing up I think I Always had a full face helmet, just got used to it.
Yes Greg it sure came in handy that sunday afternoon:upyours::893karatesmiley-thu

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Motocrosser. Add goggles for dirt bike/4 Wheeler/SxS.
Important: Camelbak hydration or you'll just spill it all over and get pissed off

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the best of both worlds
AA0210BF2B_1_orig.jpg
[/IMG]

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that as well Fozzy. I'm voting closed because I like the frontal face protection. MX would work as well but I don't see the heat being a factor in a closed AC truck.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
I am trying to get all the boxes checked before..Helmet being just one of many things I need before I can go...I know one thing for sure...the October Land Rush 1000 is going to be....Epic!!

Well Sir you are a VERY SMART man. Check the recycler or craigs list for a helmet if funds are low. Check it real good for cracks.
Make sure you have a quality rear bump stop kit, not the stock one. If you do the stock one be really careful.
Looking foward to spending the weekend with you

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what I'm using right now. I don't like it.

F30197118.jpg

This is what I want to go with. Pump fresh air in from the rear AC vents and I can use it down the road for circle track racing.

vortex.2FA_small_836.jpg