Don't forget about your cabin air filter!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? None of the 2010 - 2014 F150s have cabin filters?
I never said they did. I said SVC and Ford Performance had nothing to do with designing the hvac system in these trucks. FoMoCo did and they decided to bring back to the cabin air filter.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
OR, the SVT engineers knew what the Ford Performance engineers didn't:
That filtering the cabin air of vehicles that will be extensively exposed to very dusty environments is a lost cause due to rapid clogging of the cabin air filter.
Look at the OP's photo again.
Jennys, fer the love of Christ.

Jennifers are gen1.

edit: meant to quote EricM
Damnit! Alright- 2 things I'm jelly of the Jennifers. Aluminum body and cabin air filter.

Filtering the air going into a dark, sometimes wet enclosed box (heh) just makes way too much sense. Especially on a truck used in dusty environments.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
On previous vehicles I just pull the filter and hit it with compressed air, no need to replace it as far as I can tell.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like there’s no reason to replace them until they get so clogged that you can’t get airflow in the cab.

A partially loaded (dirty) filter actually filters better than a new (clean) one, so you’re not making anything better by replacing them early unless you’re not getting air through it.

OP
OP
D

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like there’s no reason to replace them until they get so clogged that you can’t get airflow in the cab.

A partially loaded (dirty) filter actually filters better than a new (clean) one, so you’re not making anything better by replacing them early unless you’re not getting air through it.

I invite you to smell the filter. I don’t smoke, don’t have kids, don’t eat or drink in my truck. The filter comes in contact with everything you drive through, all of those smells, oils, smoke, etc come in contact with that filter before it enter your trucks a/c system when not on recirculate. Bottom line, your truck won’t smell very good.

Last edited: