Don't forget about your cabin air filter!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point! If you have a phantom odor in the cab that’s probably a very good idea. I stand corrected.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed my filter at 12,800 miles and MAN it was dirty! I advise buying a dash trim removal tool before tackling this. If you have the carbon applique above the glove box, it needs to pop straight out (not sure how the non-carbon ones are - stiffness, etc). Not sure how I would've done it without the tool or breaking something, the tool helped out a ton.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changed my filter at 12,800 miles and MAN it was dirty! I advise buying a dash trim removal tool before tackling this. If you have the carbon applique above the glove box, it needs to pop straight out (not sure how the non-carbon ones are - stiffness, etc). Not sure how I would've done it without the tool or breaking something, the tool helped out a ton.
I dropped the glove box and pulled it though there. No reason to remove the trim piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I dropped the glove box and pulled it though there. No reason to remove the trim piece

On a Gen2? I don't think it's possible, without breaking some shit, to get the filter cover off without dismantling more than than just the glovebox. Like Raisins said there is a vertical'ish panel that has to come off. I don't have the carbon package, but have a similar panel I guess.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a Gen2? I don't think it's possible, without breaking some shit, to get the filter cover off without dismantling more than than just the glovebox. Like Raisins said there is a vertical'ish panel that has to come off. I don't have the carbon package, but have a similar panel I guess.

I don’t think it’s possible either. I tried to find an easier way, but couldn’t.

Are you hiding secrets Huck

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had no issues. Empty the glove box; and then release the tabs and let it drop down. Then reach up and undo the vertical panel. Then pull the filter out through the glove box opening.

I do it every time I change my oil.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YMMV. It's definitely possible to do it by just dropping the glove box, but I found it difficult to get the filter cover lined up and back on (big hands), and found it easier to just remove the trim piece.