Does anyone know where the TPMS module is? I'm getting tire pressure monitor fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use all of the fabric you have. The more layers, the more blocking. Gotta get the harness side covered and tucked good too. I pulled mine off and made sure all was tucked, placed and layered good. Tpms updates even better now.

Danlwells

Reaction score
I swapped out my stock 2022 wheels for a set of new 2023 takeoff beadlocks. Now I get the tire pressure monitor fault warning after about 20 miles and I get no pressure reading on all 4 tires. Same thing every time. It usually goes off after a couple days but comes back on again after about another 20 miles. Never had an issued after driving about 8k miles on the original wheels. Did they change the sensors in 2023 from the 2022s? Had it at the dealer twice with no remedy. They now want to take my headliner out so they can test the transmitter.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped out my stock 2022 wheels for a set of new 2023 takeoff beadlocks. Now I get the tire pressure monitor fault warning after about 20 miles and I get no pressure reading on all 4 tires. Same thing every time. It usually goes off after a couple days but comes back on again after about another 20 miles. Never had an issued after driving about 8k miles on the original wheels. Did they change the sensors in 2023 from the 2022s? Had it at the dealer twice with no remedy. They now want to take my headliner out so they can test the transmitter.
They did all that shit to mine. DON’T let them, as it won’t fix anything. Wait till the TSB part comes in. I was hoping the fabric worked (I used it all) - it did for 1 day, but the issue returned afterwards.

Danlwells

Reaction score
They did all that shit to mine. DON’T let them, as it won’t fix anything. Wait till the TSB part comes in. I was hoping the fabric worked (I used it all) - it did for 1 day, but the issue returned afterwards.
I’ll do that. Thanks for the info. I’m just wondering why I didn’t have this problem until I put the 2023 beadlocks on.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the fabric, mine works most of the time. I'll get the tpms error maybe a couple times a month instead of every few days. Looking forward to getting the tsb done. Thanks @FordTechOne

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TSB 23-2218 was just released 7/10 to correct this concern. They install a ferrite bead on the harness to block the RFI.
Any way you could post that in here? I don't trust my dealer with a 10 foot pole and if it's as simple as installing a ferrite bead I'd like to just do it myself.

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this happen on my truck.

Swapped OEM for KMC wheels 10k ago and never had an issue until having taken in my truck yesterday for an oil change and tire rotation. I got the message and the reading drops off on the passenger rear tire, the message comes and goes seems like if the truck sits for a moment it resets then pops up again after a few miles of driving.

Mine is not equipped with pro power, so I don’t believe there’s anything to shut off to try?

Bad sensor? any idea if there’s a way to test that?

I’ve had alot of issues with this truck, pretty frustrating to say the least.