Does anyone know where the TPMS module is? I'm getting tire pressure monitor fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jboko1981

Reaction score
I really appreciate this thread. I purchased a 2023 Raptor 37 in February for all the money, and was pulling my hair out every time the TPMS Fault would go off after 15 miles of driving. It would always happen on my work commute at the same exact location every day. A fault would occur with the front drivers side tire. I found myself anticipating the alarm and getting increasingly irritated with it. My first attempt to resolve was a trip to the dealer. They "reset" it and said everything was good. My next attempt was replacing the sensor itself. Still no change. Next, I bought the OEM TPMS tool and followed the "learn" process, still no luck. Finally, I disconnected the battery to do a reset on the ECM. Still nothing. I also double checked all of the fuses to ensure all were seated properly. Nothing. After 1500 miles with this truck I was starting to second guess the purchase. I came across several posts about bad ECM's, and various control module faults and was thinking the worst. Especially since it is almost impossible to get a service appointment in this town. Then Last night I stumbled upon this thread. This morning before leaving for work I powered off the Pro Power inverter, and like magic, no TPMS fault! What a sigh of relief. Now, I'm just waiting for the fix to come out. Appreciate all who contributed to this thread.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate this thread. I purchased a 2023 Raptor 37 in February for all the money, and was pulling my hair out every time the TPMS Fault would go off after 15 miles of driving. It would always happen on my work commute at the same exact location every day. A fault would occur with the front drivers side tire. I found myself anticipating the alarm and getting increasingly irritated with it. My first attempt to resolve was a trip to the dealer. They "reset" it and said everything was good. My next attempt was replacing the sensor itself. Still no change. Next, I bought the OEM TPMS tool and followed the "learn" process, still no luck. Finally, I disconnected the battery to do a reset on the ECM. Still nothing. I also double checked all of the fuses to ensure all were seated properly. Nothing. After 1500 miles with this truck I was starting to second guess the purchase. I came across several posts about bad ECM's, and various control module faults and was thinking the worst. Especially since it is almost impossible to get a service appointment in this town. Then Last night I stumbled upon this thread. This morning before leaving for work I powered off the Pro Power inverter, and like magic, no TPMS fault! What a sigh of relief. Now, I'm just waiting for the fix to come out. Appreciate all who contributed to this thread.
We can thank @enjoytheride for letting us know the torture his buddy and his Raptor had to go through and letting us know so we can stop the madness of this TPMS/inverter interference issue. Just Raptor owners helping other Raptor owners! I got mine early February too, 2500 miles not knowing what the problem was. :banghead: Did some troubleshooting but not a problem enough for me to fool with the tires or dig too deep. Was hoping someone else would get the problem figured out and let us know and here we are.:pepper:

Nice looking truck jboko1981 by the way.

Last edited:

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long is it going to take for Ford to fix this shit??? I don’t feel like having to turn shit off every single trip - you would think this wouldn’t be a big or complicated fix right ???
Big thanks for @enjoitheride for helping us !!!

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving this weekend until the message popped on and lost readings on a few sensors. Turned off my ProPower and everything went back to normal in less than a minute.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Issue just came up for me today, first longer trip in the truck and it was drivers front every time. On the way home I’m gonna turn off the inverter and see if that makes a difference

Update: On the drive home with the inverter on, I got the same fault again. When it faulted I turned off the inverter and tire pressure came back within seconds and never faulted again for the rest of the drive, roughly an hour.

Last edited:

22Raptor37_JQ

Reaction score
Owner of a new '22 Raptor 37 since Sep22. Also had incredibly painful experiences with Ford for almost 7 months, 9 visits to 3 different dealerships regarding this nonsense. Day 1 of driving truck off lot this began, 20min down the road. They could never resolve after replacing bcm, tpms transmitter, tpms sensors in tires, harnesses, and then even the invertor for pro power. They finally gave up on my issue by closing my ticket, and at that point so did I on Ford.

Took matters into my own hand. It's RFI (radio freq interference) from the inverter.
*Do this* Buy TitanRF Faraday Fabric Kit Includes 44"W x 36"L off Amazon @ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M294MGK/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Wrap the RF fabric shielding around the plastic enclosure of the inverter under back left seat... and save a little bit to also wrap the harness that goes to the truck bed.

Issue solved. No more tpms alarms after the dreaded 20min of driving. I've gone 3+ months now without any tpms faults. Many long trips as well. And pro power inverter works fine. Let me know if y'all have questions. Or if ya want me to send a pic.

You're welcome :) it's really that easy! -JQ

Last edited:

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duuuuuuude!!! Thank you - I just ordered the RF shielding. Absolutely ridiculous little shit like this happens. I’ll do the wrap as soon as I get it and test it. Appreciate it !!